Hi, I woke up with extreme hip pain can barely walk. Could this be a clot?

bonkers-1952
on 5/23/15 8:24 am

Hi, I woke up with pain in the joint connecting the hip and leg. I limp when walking. It gets a little better but then gets worse again. My chest feel weird but maybe it could be anxiety. Has anyone experienced this?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/23/15 8:54 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Have you had surgery?  If so, what surgery?  

This is really something I would call the doctor about.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

AmyDee123
on 5/23/15 9:37 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

When I had my PE I had no pain in my legs, but everyone is different.  If you have a weird feeling in your chest, recently had surgery, or have poor circulation, and are having lots of pain you should go into the doctor immediately.  

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/23/15 7:29 pm - OH

The pain from a blood clot is quite different from joint pain, and the hip joint would be a very unusual place for a blood clot.  

Some people experince joint pain when they wake up when they are losing wieght, or have already lost it.  When you lose the fat padding and sleep in a position that puts pressure on a joint (hips and shoulders are most common), it is possible to wake up with significant pain in that joint.  I am almost 8 years post op, and I have learned not to sleep directly on my side in order to avoid the hip pain, but I still occasionally (a couple of times a month) wake up with significant shoulder pain. The pain gradually fades but can be aggravated by activity.

If it continues, or you develop any other symptoms (actual pain in your chest or shoulder, swelling or redness in a leg) you should see your doctor, of course.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

bonkers-1952
on 5/26/15 10:18 pm

Thanks for your wise advice. I am back to normal. I did end-up dehydrated. I am fine now. Thank u so much.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1117 views