NanaNurseRN
on 5/25/15 3:00 am - Van Buren, AR
VSG on 06/23/15 with

Well started my pre op liquid diet three days ago. I started a few days early since everyone in the house is gone for the long weekend. Tonight on way to work stopped and got a burger, not sure why just wanted it. After taking one bite I looked at it and found the closest trash can. I'm determined for the first time in over 30 years I'm not going to be the big girl.

Would like to say thank you to everyone on here, it really helps seeing I'm not the only one going through this and it okay to make a bad decision every now and then.

Hope everyone has a great week !!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 5/25/15 8:05 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Congratulations on trashing that burger! 

I am 5 months post-WLS.  I remember back in October my surgeon telling me that he wanted me to lose weight before surgery - My Immediate internal mental response was defeatest - "Why bother - it will just come back" - then I realized - No, it won't -  that's what the surgery is all about!  The thought that I would not regain the pre-surgery weight helped me make good decisions during that pre-surgery phase.  I kept thinking that every pound that I lost pre-surgery is just moving me closer to my goal.  

Best wishes (and follow instructions),

Sharon

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/25/15 9:18 am

Old habits die hard...

Good luck on your journey...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MsBatt
on 5/25/15 5:46 pm

The next time you want a burger, have one---just toss the bun away.

AmyDee123
on 5/25/15 9:44 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

My husband always says a mistake made twice is a decision.   We all fall of the wagon but we make the decision to.  Throwing out the burger is the decision you made to not fail.   Just keep making the decision to not fail and soon you won't be making the decision to fall off the wagon.   You are doing great things!   Stick with it and focus on you.   

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1401 views