I am 1 month post op and have stalled at 187 since day 16.

bonkers-1952
on 5/26/15 9:47 pm

Hi, I am a little confused, is it normal to stall this soon out of surgery. I know as time carries on-loss is slower. I thought the first and second months were the honeymoon. Has this happened to any of you? I will not even talk about the depression omg…cry all the time,unhappy just want to stay in bed. I have never had depression issues in the past…actually I already posted this sorry I wont repeat myself. Thank you for Ur support it means so much to me. just having a place to vent is a blessing to me xo

Kate -True Brit
on 5/27/15 12:33 am - UK

Yes it is normal.  Use the search icon to read the quite literally hundreds of threads asking this. That should reassure you. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Tracy D.
on 5/27/15 6:45 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It is super normal.  Don't let this natural occurrence get you off your path.  People get discouraged and then they stop doing what they're supposed to.  They don't drink enough, they aren't moving every day, they aren't taking vitamins, they are sneaking in slider/carby foods to make themself feel better; they aren't getting enough protein.  Don't do that!  

Mood swings and fluctuating hormones are normal too.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

White Dove
on 5/27/15 6:53 am - Warren, OH

People with less weight to lose will drop pounds much slower.  I was 207 at my initial consult, 195 when I had surgery and it took me 17 months to get to 128. 

There may be months when you have no loss at all.  You will still be smaller and healthier.  Just stick with your program and remember the tortoise that won the race by being slow and steady.  My weight came off very slowly, but it is almost eight years later and I am still maintaining.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

bonkers-1952
on 5/28/15 10:06 pm

!7 months seems so far away…But we all know how fast time flies. 128 is a dream weight. Wow you actually went months with no weight loss.Thanks it's reassuring to know.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1372 views