six weeks post op

jmking1982
on 5/25/15 9:53 pm
RNY on 04/15/15

Hey everyone!! I am 6 weeks post op. Surgery was April 15th 2015. I am happy with my decision to have it. The day of surgery I was 280lbs and I am now weighing in at 249lbs. I had a fantastic recovery was up walking in pacu....only sat in a chair my hospital stay refused my bed and it helped a lot with the recovery. However,  not everything has been great. at week 3 I had pain when eating and thought maybe I was eating too fast or that was how it was supossed to be. When I went for my 1 month follow up not so much! I had to have an endoscopy the next morning and they had to remove a stricture and I have to have it done again in 2 weeks. Has anyone else ever had this done? I can eat more now as I was way under a 1/4 cup mark and couldn't consume my daily nutrients because of the pain. I am now able to eat a little over a half comfortably. I am in fear of eating too much now that I can eat, but then again I measure everything out and I never fini**** Anyone else have this fear? 

MickeyDee
on 5/25/15 11:15 pm

Strictures are not uncommon;  please don't stress yourself.  Your food intake will gradually get more as you heal, but don't overeat.  Just because you put it in front of yourself doesn't mean you have to eat it.

Watch for your "full signal".  My nose runs when I get full;  some hiccup, others burp.  Watch for your High Level Alarm and once you learn it and pay attention, you'll save yourself a lot of stress.  Some call this "Mindful Eating". 

You're doing well.  Just be sure you keep hydrated, get walking, and enjoy your new life.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1139 views