A PROPER INTRODUCTION

LosingItAt67
on 5/27/15 12:49 pm - Houston, TX

I apologise for not introducing myself right away as I should have.

I have decided that if I can, I will have WLS.  I am 67 years old with health problems that are weight related.  I also have a chronic condition that is a autoimmune condition that is NOT related to my size.  This is what may disqualify me from having surgery.  The surgeon is getting my records from my liver doctor and then will make a decision regarding surgery.

I weighed in at 385 a month ago at my PCP with a BMI of 66.1.  At the surgeons a week ago, I was 358.3 with a BMI of 61.5.  I will weigh myself tomorrow to see if I have lost anymore. The surgeon said the Sleeve would be good for me because of my age and health problems. I am hoping to find out if he will do the surgery on June 5 when I have the first of four sessions with the nutritionist.

Thanks for letting me join!

BTW, IS THERE A FORUM HERE FOR THE OVER 60 YEARS OLD BUNCH?

"Any day above ground is a good one."

Please visit my Blog!!

crystal M.
on 5/27/15 1:06 pm - Joliet, IL

Welcome and good luck. 

And by the way...you lost a good amount of weight there.  Almost 30lbs...good going!!! 

LosingItAt67
on 5/27/15 1:22 pm - Houston, TX
On May 27, 2015 at 1:06 PM Pacific Time, crystal M. wrote:

Welcome and good luck. 

And by the way...you lost a good amount of weight there.  Almost 30lbs...good going!!! 

Thanks.  I have stayed on my high protein, low carb, low sugar 1000 calorie without falling off the wagon.  Losing weight comes easy for me, always has.  Keeping it off is another story.  That's why I need WLS. After 67 years, I know that.  Praying the surgery works out.

"Any day above ground is a good one."

Please visit my Blog!!

Ready2goNOW
on 5/27/15 1:23 pm

Hi!

I am an older (58) pre-op hopefully having the sleeve come September. I have cleared all the medical testing and just have the 3 NUT appts. left.

There is an over 50 group on here...you should check it out. However, I come to this board and the sleeve page as there is always a slew of information regarding the various stages you might be in. I have learned a lot!

Kudos on the weight loss! I have lost 40+ pounds since I started this...I was at 350. I already feel better...I cannot imagine how I will feel when I lose 100! And I will!

I hope you get the clearance you need for the surgery. I have seen more denials due to not meeting insurance issues than for medical.

Best of luck!

Kathy

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1400 views