lap band

Arhenja09
on 5/27/15 2:05 pm

Need help. Been banded since 06 and had surgery in Oklahoma and now have moved to Florida.. Cannot find a lap band Dr to do a fill.. It's crazy they don't want to help patients unless they did their surgery.. Anybody else run into this??? Anyone can suggest a surgeon to see who will do my fill? I need one in Orlando.. I have UHC insurance.. I'm so frustrated...Plz help!!!!! 

AmyDee123
on 5/27/15 3:29 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

This is one of the reasons I am having revision surgery.  I was banded in Mexico, and NO ONE would touch me.  I do have an awesome doc who is happy to bring on outside patients.  Hes the one doing my revision but he is awesome for bands.  Dr. Ernest Rehnke.  He's at Palms of Pasadena in St. Petersburg.  I know that is a ways out from orlando, but not terribly if you are only doing it a few times total.  Just letting you know, all hope is not lost.  You do have SOMEONE you can turn to in florida.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

kathkeb
on 5/27/15 10:02 pm

Did you ask your surgeons office for a referral?  Maybe they could call a bariatric center near you and smooth things over.

Kath

Valerie G.
on 5/29/15 6:34 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've seen this happen to several people.  I second the idea of having your original surgeons office make calls for you.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active