Stomach attack

tiredofthediets
on 5/28/15 5:12 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I like to call it this instead if dumping. Anyway, I had an attack this morning and had to end up calling off work. I'm guessing it wasn't from my premire protein drink bc I have those all the time. So, it must have been something from yesterday.  I didn't have anything out of the ordinary so there's really no way to pinpoint it right? I just have to tell myself that I had something that my pouch didn't want that day???

AmyDee123
on 5/28/15 5:56 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I am not bypassed yet, but I am close to some who are, and from what I can tell its fairly fast, within 30 minutes or so.  But I have also seen them dump on foods they eat all the time.  A lot of times if its a food they have had before they have been dehydrated at the time, but that happens easily early on after being bypassed so who knows if that has anything to do with it.  Have you had a shake since?  Or anything else that you had around the time you had the attack?

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/29/15 7:15 am

Dumping only happens when we inject too many sugars or carbs. 

Anything else is not dumping. It can be fat flashing, food intelerance, food poisoning, GB attack, etc. etc etc

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

tiredofthediets
on 5/31/15 5:49 am
RNY on 03/23/15

What is fat flashing? Too much fat?

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/31/15 7:07 am

That's what i call when i get too much fat or the wrong fat...(wrong for me).

I get runs. But they are very different from dumping.  

Too much fat, may give me nausea. Too much fat may stimulate the liver or GB (if you still have out). Bile from the liver is very irritating to the intestine~  stimulation... And that may cause some cramping and runs.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/15 8:45 pm

I hope you are fine now!

Poodlemac
on 5/29/15 8:08 am
RNY on 09/26/14
On May 28, 2015 at 5:12 PM Pacific Time, tiredofthediets wrote:

I like to call it this instead if dumping. Anyway, I had an attack this morning and had to end up calling off work. I'm guessing it wasn't from my premire protein drink bc I have those all the time. So, it must have been something from yesterday.  I didn't have anything out of the ordinary so there's really no way to pinpoint it right? I just have to tell myself that I had something that my pouch didn't want that day???

That's not dumping. Dumping is almost immediate and lasts, for me, about an hour. It's miserable, but I'll take it!  Could you maybe be having some constipation issues?

tiredofthediets
on 5/31/15 5:50 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Yes, I think I am and I just read a lot of great advice from someone who posted about this.

MsBatt
on 5/31/15 4:27 am

How's your gall bladder? An 'attack' severe enough to make you call in sick doesn't sound like dumping. 

tiredofthediets
on 5/31/15 5:52 am
RNY on 03/23/15

As far as I k oe it's ok but now I'm after reading all of the responses I'm thinking maybe I should check in with my dr.

Most Active