Selfie Obsessed!?

Crystal M.
on 6/23/15 4:49 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

So, my DH has pointed out to me that I take a lot of pictures of myself...and I think he is right!

Has anyone else found themselves a little too camera happy since the weight loss???

I don't want to seem self absorbed. I think I am just so darn ecstatic! I LOOK GOOD!!!! :) :) :)

Plus the pictures are the only way I can see the results...otherwise I struggle with head games...like I can't really see it. 

All things in good time!

crystal M.
on 6/23/15 5:44 pm - Joliet, IL

I wish I can say I think I look good pictures.  But even after 185 lbs. I still feel like that "fat' girl.  I hate how I look in pictures.  I am not a good picture person

Eggface
on 6/23/15 6:32 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

For a LONG TIME it was the only way I could "see" the difference by comparing the changes. It's taken A LOT of years to start to relate to the girl I see in the mirror now... still sometimes 9 years later I catch myself shocked I made it through a small space or did something physically I never could have done... that's my mind not catching up and connecting to the new space I take up versus what I lived for so many years. 

Unless it truly is obsessive in the clinical sense and effecting your life in a negative way... enjoy... and most of us sadly avoided the camera for so many years maybe you are just making up for lost photo ops ;) 

LOL maybe take more with your hubby in them too ;)

~Shelly

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Crystal M.
on 6/24/15 4:07 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

I don't think it is obsession. It just takes the blinders off for me. I think taking more pictures of and with my hubby is a GREAT idea! Don't think he would notice as much. Haha. I hope in time I will be used to the new me.

I know what you mean! Sometimes I find myself walking around things and giving myself extra clearance so that I don't bump my hips on anything ( I used to bump my poor hips on everything and bruise! Ouch!). My friend recorded a video of me doing this recently. She was right, it was hilarious to watch me move like that when I am no longer needing that much extra space!

Thanks for responding! :)

All things in good time!

poplargreys
on 6/23/15 7:22 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I still have major issues with how I look, in person and in pictures. I see the number on the scale change, but my perception of what I look like is still pretty negative. I'm working on that, but it will take time.

Crystal M.
on 6/24/15 9:02 am, edited 7/7/15 7:36 am
VSG on 06/23/14

I have only just recently started to see myself in a different light. I like to start my day by standing in front of the mirror and pointing out 5 things I like about myself! It has really helped me a lot! :)

All things in good time!

mrs_smith_canada
on 6/24/15 6:28 am

Nope! I still don't like my picture taken at all and wont do any of the social media things...

I think the culture on its has become obsessed with "themselves" - be it selfies or "rate me". I just don't have the time or the inclination to participate in the "look at me" phenomenon. I see how much time kids spend on their phones doing tinder or instagram, just seems like a waste! 

07-01-2011 SW 311 LBS

WEIGHT LOSS PRE-SURGERY 37 LBS

SURGERY DATE 10-06-2011 274 LBS 

GOAL WEIGHT 145 

CW 143 

Laura in Texas
on 6/24/15 8:30 am

I see nothing wrong with taking lots of pictures unless you are posting them constantly on social media just to seek attention from others. If that is the case, you may need help.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Requiem
on 6/24/15 2:29 am, edited 6/24/15 2:30 am

You reminded me of this article (which is humor, not a real report - don't forward to friends as truth :)): http://adobochronicles.com/2014/03/31/american-psychiatric-association-makes-it-official-selfie-a-mental-disorder/

robinreinhardt
on 6/24/15 10:51 am

Yes! I have had so much fun taking pictures since loosing weight..Especially in my face.Wish the rest of the body would do as well.

I totally have the head games too..

Robin

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1454 views