Struggling

myahsmommy
on 6/28/15 10:03 pm - OH
DS on 12/18/12

I"m 2.5 yrs post op.  So far I went from 256 down to 160, back up to 175... Struggling with gaining the weight back BAD!!!  I feel like I'm never full anymore... How do I restart teh weight loss again??  My goal was 145 and I have never made it there.  Feeling totally lost right now.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Laura in Texas
on 6/29/15 3:21 am

Eat less. Track your food and measure your portions. We do not need to eat until we feel "full". It's a learning process. 

Losing weight and keeping it off is hard work. You have to believe you are worth the effort.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

akanikkie
on 6/29/15 7:28 am
VSG on 04/27/15

I don't have any advice with regard to getting back on track since I'm only 2 months out.  But i do want to thank you for being open and honest and sharing with us.  This helps me stay on track and helps me realize this is a live-long journey.  I wish you the very best and know you can do it!!

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

akanikkie
on 6/29/15 7:29 am
VSG on 04/27/15

I don't have any advice with regard to getting back on track since I'm only 2 months out.  But i do want to thank you for being open and honest and sharing with us.  This helps me stay on track and helps me realize this is a life-long journey.  I wish you the very best and know you can do it!!

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

The Salty Hag
on 6/29/15 7:48 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I'm a little over 2 years out, and I'd gained 13 lbs. I cut out all crap food, started back with protein and veggies only for meals, upped my water intake, and started measuring my portions out again, and tracking every single calorie I eat or drink.

It's not easy, and if you have let processed, starchy foods back in you'll have to white knuckle it for a week or so, BUT...once you get back on track and the weight starts to come back off, you will start to feel SO much better..and feel hopeful again that you can hit your goal.

I'm 7 lbs down as of this morning...and it's amazing that "just seven" pounds can make a HUGE difference!!

Good luck.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

JB1114
on 6/29/15 9:49 am - Grain Valley, MO

I'll be 7 years out July 8th.  I've regained a few lbs. and working to get them off.  After the first year we have to work at keeping the weight off.  If you're eating a lot of carbs or processed foods, stop.  Track your eating every day.  You can do this. 

Work on losing the 15 lb. regain then you can work on getting to 145.  Check in here daily.  Make a menu and be sure to get your water and vitamins in. 

We're here for you.  Good luck!! 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

crystal M.
on 6/29/15 12:43 pm - Joliet, IL

I had a 6lb regain after the Winter and I promised myself a long time ago I would not let myself gain more than 10lb.  So in April I started to "try" again.  As on last Friday I have lost 17lbs.  Yep...I blew right past the 6lbs and kept on going.  All did was what every one here says- cut out the crap, eat lots of protein, I eat lots of salads.  Every dinner I have a protein and a small salad.  I drink tons of water.  And I am very active and I exercise.  Am I hungry and tempted...Hell yes.  I just passed a plate of cookies at work...grrrr!!!!  I just tell myself...wait till dinner...wait till dinner.  I'm eating turkey chili and a salad.    

That is really all I did and I have been steadily losing weight again after 6+ years. 

sleevedin2014
on 6/29/15 9:22 pm
sleevedin2014
on 6/29/15 9:35 pm
White Dove
on 6/30/15 6:04 am - Warren, OH

Almost everyone gains back between 10 and 20 pounds during year 3.  If you want to change that then you need to eat the amount of calories needed.  To maintain 160 takes about 1600 calories a day.  To maintain 175 takes 1750 a day.  The difference is 150 calories and could be a slice of toast with butter.

Track everything you eat.  With DS you can eat more fat but less carbs.  When you cut out 500 calories a day for one week the scale will go down by one pound.  Keep it up until the weight is off.  For you that should happen in 15 weeks. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active