What's your favorite protein shake?

ashleyyy
on 7/5/15 8:56 pm

i have been drinking the GNC whey isolate in chocolate supreme for the past 2 years. Although I do like it I would love to try other brands. I do not like their vanilla or strawberry, they taste very artificial. The GNC one is 140 calories/28 grams of protein/2 grams of sugar. 

Does anybody have any suggestions? 

Donna K.
on 7/6/15 4:46 am - ME

The only brand of protein shake I like is Jay Robb. I get unflavored whey protein isolate and put it in my iced coffee. It dissolves completely so there's no chalkiness or graininess. I've tried his chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and tropical flavors also. I mix them with almond milk as I can't drink regular milk. They're all delicious and sweetened with stevia so no artificial sweetener headaches for me. 

Peace & Love, Donna K.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/6/15 5:39 am - OH

My favorites were the Unjury Chocolate Splendor (NOT their original chocolate, which they still sell as well!), the Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte, and the Jay Robb Strawberry.  

I also had some of the Syntrax fruit flavored "nectars" for a change of pace (Twisted Cherry, Strawberry Kiwi, and Roadside Lemonade).  I also occasionally had the Unjury Chicken Soup when I got tired of cold things, but they didn't come out with that until I was a number of years out from surgery and not using protein supplements very often other than first thing in the morning in my SF hot chocolate. (Both the vanilla and chocolate favors above mix well into the Swiss Miss SF hot chocolate mix, BTW (and not all chocolate flavors do)).

Do be aware, though, that people's tastes vary more in protein powders than anything else in life!  What a dozen people here just rave about (Click (an allegedly coffee flavored protein powder) in my case), you may find completely undrinkable!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

hl1524
on 7/6/15 5:51 am - Austin, TX

I loved the syntrax vanilla, chocolate, and coffee flavored one.  I also like the chocolate premier (ready made) and syntha 6 protein powder.  You can get a sample pack from syntrax if you want to try a variety of flavors. 

RNY 8/27/2014

Eggface
on 7/6/15 5:57 am - Sunny Southern, CA

The drop down screen above "products" has a bunch of member reviews but it really is a personal taste thing, one person's yummy treat is another's hideous brown gack ;) Maybe just "jazz up" your Chocolate Supreme... https://www.pinterest.com/eggface/protein-shakes-and-smoothi es/

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

chris_ruff
on 7/6/15 10:09 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i used to like only isopure, but now i get tera's whey. it's grass fed and organic with alot less of the chemicals in most protein powders...oh and it tastes good! its more expensive as you would imagine, but i'm several years out so i don;t have shakes regularly, just here and there. i don't think it would be affordable for daily use. in which case i would say isopure natural. 

--Christina
Tracy D.
on 7/6/15 11:10 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Unjury Chocolate Splendor - you can get it online at unjury.com 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Mary Gee
on 7/6/15 1:53 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

nashuanutrition.com sell sample packets of various brands/flavors:  Click, Chicke, Bariatric Advantage, Syntrax Nectars, etc.  They are $1.9€ per sample.  I like the Click, Chicke and the Nectars - just ordered a bunch of flavors last week.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Luvmygs
on 7/6/15 4:07 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

I like to change up my protein powder so I don't get tired. I really like Bluebonnet Whey protein isolate vanilla and their strawberry. I also like Jay Robb Egg White Protein Vanilla. But, my all time favorite is Magnum Quattro Isolate Protein Vanilla Ice Cream mixed with frozen strawberries. Very delicious.

NYMom222
on 7/6/15 11:29 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

It really is personal choice, you have to keep trying new ones. That is why the samples are a great idea. Besides Premier, I do like the Jay Robb ones, and I discovered Bodylogix Natural Whey flavors at Walgreen... they also sell it at my GNC-- sweetened with stevia too. Someone mentioned Tera's Whey - I tried that and hated it, I threw it in the trash.... so like I said, very personal taste.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1366 views