Help

NYLegacy44
on 7/6/15 6:33 am

Hello everyone. My name is Dawn and I was wondering if anyone out here has any tricks for hiding saggy skin after weightloss? I am very happy with the loss but hate looking at my body due to saggy skin. Can anyone help with any advice or tricks to hiding it all. 

Racewalker48
on 7/6/15 7:11 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Compression garments like Spanx can help.  There is a less expensive version of Spanx sold by Target  called Assets.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/6/15 8:18 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Compression garments are good. I get mine at Ross, way less expensive than the department store. A shaping cami will help hold everything in and smooth things out!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Eggface
on 7/6/15 9:29 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Slimpressions (mail order good stuff knows post op needs, often at WLS events)

Spanx (found in stores)

Plastic Surgery

I feel you... I didn't think I'd want or need plastic surgery post WLS... but I did... physically and emotionally. If you have any issues because of the excess skin start documenting them (skin breakdowns, infections, save medication receipts, Dr and dermatologist reports, anything that might help get some reconstructive work covered) though... even with the little bit of plastics I had done... you trade skin for scars... I have come to realize it's more about the head work than the body work... my skin, how much or little fat I have, does not define me ;) 

Best to you. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

crystal M.
on 7/6/15 1:31 pm - Joliet, IL

How much you can camouflage would depend on how much extra skin you have and how it hangs and where it hangs.

I am lucky that I have relatively minor skin hangage (I made up that word).  Don't get me wrong I hate the skin sagging.  My tummy hangs in two different parts.  The upper and the lower...the lower is larger.  The upper tummy is very small and wrinkly.  My inner thighs and butt sag...not too much but enough that I would not wear a bathing suit in public without a sarong.  My boobs look like some one let the air out of them...oh my poor boobs.

Now when I get dressed in normal clothes you can't tell any of this. 

But...let's say I want to wear something form fitting (not tight) that shows off my newly acquired figure.  I can put on control top undies and a open-bust camisole from a spanx-knock off (open- bust so I can wear my own bra).  I wear a bra that says something like lift or boost...to get my boobs up wear they belong. 

And believe it or not by the time I put on my clothes my tummy looks almost flat and my boobs look perky and my thighs look tight.  I of course do not wear skimpy clothing that shows mid-drift or upper thigh.  There is nothing short of surgery that will make my bare skin look flat and tight again.  I can create an illusion, and put some clothes on and look like I have a decent body. 

NYLegacy44
on 7/6/15 1:58 pm

Thank you all for your help..I had my surgery over 3 yrs ago. I was 453 lbs the day of my surgery and I am down to 182. I want to lose 40 more lbs but it is so hard to do..The last 40 and I cant seem to get it gone. Anyway ...as for the sagging skin..it is aweful. I have it in tummy inner thighs and I have NO BOOBS!!!!!..completely deflated!!!...I have bat wings for arms as well...I didnt let it bother me untill I got with an old b/f from 26 yrs ago....Now being with him i want to know what it feels like to be sexy and beautiful and then i look in the mirror and cringe....I dont even want to have sex cause I hate my body..I find myself trying to hide myself when I am in the room with him. Its causing us to argue alot because he is always wondering why I am leaving the room and wont just sit and enjoy his company. He thinks I am ignoring him and being a u know what. This is not the case at all....I am just feeling embarrassed about my body. He does not know I had the surgery...I am to embarrassed to tell him..Mind u we use to date 26 yrs ago and I was 122 then...He never seen me over weight ...and i sure wont tell him i was 453. I know that is wrong but i just cant do it....This stems from more then just being over weight....Anyway..he makes me happy and I love him like no one else...but I am causing a problem when there isnt one only because I do not like myself..I can hide in my clothes but I know what is underneath and i am getting worse with the insecurities in myself...We have been together over a yr and a half now ...but i feel like I am ..I am hiding myself from him more and more because of what i feel.....Sorry to bother everyone about this...U dont have to reply but it is nice to just put it out here and maybe find someone who feels like I do....I am starting to feel unhuman and like something is wrong with me....I dont want to and I deff dont want to lose him but if I keep pushing him away and he has no clue why i am going to lose the best thing that ever happened to me....Once again sorry for the venting. Everyone have a great day 

Kathyjs
on 7/7/15 6:54 pm

Tell him the truth. Tell him why you are backing off. Tell him what you weighed. If he understands , he's a keeper. If not kick him to the curb . Right now you are pushing him away anyway. You might be surprised. He might be supportive and caring. Plus start saving for ps. If you have rashes get them documented and insurance might cover . I don't advise  every to get ps but I think you will be happier. Congrats on the loss!!

Most Active