Bowel Trouble

Summerbypass
on 7/29/15 8:58 am

I had gastric bypass surgery almost three weeks ago and I am continuing to have issues with diarrhea. Should I be alarmed or is this part of the process?

crystal M.
on 7/29/15 11:36 am - Joliet, IL

I didn't have gastric bypass but I can say from experience that the first few weeks with the special pre op and post op diets.  First liquids, then soft foods...that's what is going to come out.  Hate to be blunt...but ya liquids in...liquids out.  LOL

losing_the_band
on 7/29/15 11:42 am
Revision on 08/27/15

From what I remember in the weeks after my band surgeries, you're going to have loose or liquid stools until you start consuming more solid foods.  It's frustrating, but it will eventually improve!  But until it does, don't trust a fart, lol!

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

Kathy S.
on 7/29/15 11:52 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Summerbypass,

Congratulations on your surgery!

Always pick up the phone and give your surgeon's office a call with any questions or concerns.  That is what they are there for. Even if they say it's not an issue, it will make you feel better to hear it from them.

To reach out to those that had the same surgery as you post this on our  Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY) 

Keep us posted on how you are doing

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

E_Saenz
on 7/29/15 12:15 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

You should contact your doctor some people get what is called c diff it's treatable call your surgeon's office asap

Elia Maria Saenz

Summerbypass
on 7/29/15 12:28 pm

Thank you all for the feedback. I will certainly keep an eye out for c diff. The surgeon's office suggested Imodium which seems to take care of the problem. I seem to go from one extreme to the other. I either can't go or can't stop going...lol. 

MickeyDee
on 7/29/15 10:50 pm

Definitely contact your surgeon re: medical problems, including elimination.  Most importantly, while going through diarrhea, remember to stay hydrated.  

ChristineB
on 7/30/15 3:13 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On July 29, 2015 at 8:58 AM Pacific Time, Summerbypass wrote:

I had gastric bypass surgery almost three weeks ago and I am continuing to have issues with diarrhea. Should I be alarmed or is this part of the process?

Liquids in = liquids out. It will pass - pun intended.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active