The Process

LisaKelley
on 7/31/15 5:35 am

I had my ultrasound.  They found something on my liver.  My PCP ordered an MRI and I have a tumor on my liver.

Will this hinder my surgery.  I had these tests where I work which partners with the hospital I would have surgery.  

I haven't met with the surgeon yet, that is my next step but my pcp did send the reports over to him.

Needless to say I am very stressed.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/31/15 7:44 am

Best wishes. Hope it it's benign. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/31/15 8:30 am
RNY on 08/05/19

At least they found it NOW, and not during your surgery-- or after!

Sending good thoughts your way that it's nothing major!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mschwab
on 7/31/15 10:33 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Wishing you the very best outcome possible. 

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

E_Saenz
on 7/31/15 5:04 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I was watching a video of a lady on you tube titled VGS Fail she was in the hospital and was having her surgery and they found she had one on her liver too they sewed her up and brought her to recovery and I'm not sure what else they did but she didn't get her surgery that day it's better that they find it now rather than when your having your surgery!  I wish the best for you I hope they can take care of the issue and you get your surgery soon.

Elia Maria Saenz

Hislady
on 7/31/15 7:43 pm - Vancouver, WA

I wouldn't stress too much about it until you know more, I know easy for me to say! I have lumps on both my kidneys and another on my thyroid. I have had they thyroid one tested and it was benign (not cancer) the kidney one hasn't been tested because they said they are rarely cancerous and we check it periodically for growth, Most people have lots of lumps and tumors in them and most of the time they are nothing, they are just found more often because we have better test now than ever before. Hope this is nothing and they can stick with your surgery plans!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1389 views