How many have H. Pylori infections?

losing_the_band
on 8/5/15 5:03 pm
Revision on 08/27/15

I'm kind of freaking out because I have to get tested for H. Pylori during my lab work, but they've scheduled everything so quickly that if it's positive, I'll probably have to delay surgery for treatment. My band-to-bypass surgery is on the 24th, and I've got to get my labs done ASAP. Usually, they give more notice, but I just got my date yesterday. Delaying it isn't a huge issue, other than rescheduling my mom's flight out to stay with me, but I'm still getting stressed over the possibility. 

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

Kathy S.
on 8/5/15 6:15 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hang in there!  We hope everything works out.  Keep us posted

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

HKT53
on 8/5/15 6:36 pm - Toronto, Canada

If you ever had H Pylori before and treated it...your blood work will always for the rest of your life show H Plori positive. The only true way is to have a breath test for this. I had H Pilori four years a go and was treated for it. I asked for gastroscopy back last October to test stomach lining for this any other problems. I did this so that I wouldn't have to have someone from a lab say I couldn't have the surgery. Well, it happened. On July 10 scheduled for RNY and on July 6 lab informed my surgeon that I showed as H Pilori positive. Thanks to having a jump on this is when my surgeon told me to relax...the surgery was going to happen...that I did not have H Pylori again and that I will always show positive. Go to your family Dr. And get a requisition to have the H Pylori breath test

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

mariapizarro8
on 8/5/15 7:32 pm

I had it was found during upper endoscopy and was put on three meds to get rid of it other wise doctor said we would have to postpone the surgery and I am having mine on Tuesday finally.

E_Saenz
on 8/5/15 9:10 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

It's treatable and if you have it you want treatment for it it can cause ulcers

Elia Maria Saenz

NikkyBeauty
on 8/6/15 12:05 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I did the breath test and it came back positive was put on the antibiotics treatment and luckily my upper endoscopy was scheduled a few weeks later and it was cleared up thank God because surgeon definitely would have not done surgery but I had gotten the test 4 months before my actual surgery anywho hopefully your test comes back negative but if not, just take the antibiotics and hopefully it will clear up and like another poster said if your positive, make sure when your retested it not blood because it will still show positive! Good Luck!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

White Dove
on 8/6/15 2:08 am - Warren, OH

More  than 50% of the world's population have the virus.  treatment is easy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lynnc99
on 8/6/15 9:23 am

Yep, been there! I was positive and had to see a gastroenterologist. He prescribed a week long Z pac and did a stool sample recheck. (I didn't have an endoscopy.) And as others have said, once you are positive, you may always test positive. It has not been an ongoing issue for me but at this point just something to be aware of. 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1347 views