Craving tuna fish??

gerinurse1375
on 8/24/15 2:36 pm

So two weeks post op RNY and I'm craving tuna fish... Put the tuna in the blender.  Added a little mayo and milk.  And then attempted to eat such concoction.  OMG!!! I just cannot get past the texture, blah!!!!   Cannot wait til the pureed stage is over!!!  Any suggestions on anything that tastes good and is edible 2 weeks and further out???  :)

mellen613
on 8/24/15 2:56 pm

I am in Phase 2, soft food.   I enjoy refried beans with melted cheese. I enjoy tuna, but don't use mayo.  I put some lemon juice in and then pulverize then add melted mozzarella. Not bad! Love egg white omelets with a hint of salsa.

Eggface
on 8/24/15 6:31 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Whiz some beans... cannelini (canned, rinse & drain, heat or not, with the tuna) thin with a little lemon juice if you want. 

I lived on Ricotta Cheese... savory and sweet http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

These days are hard but worth it I promise that ;)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Neesie57
on 8/24/15 9:52 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I made some canned chicken with light mayo and a little curry powder.  I didn't blend it, but put it in my food processor.  LOVE IT!  I think tuna may be too strong right now.

NikkyBeauty
on 8/24/15 11:13 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I absolutely hated food during the purée stage I almost stopped eating! Then I tried mashed potatoes (they were on my list for the purée stage) I lived off them for weeks 2-3 didn't add anything extra just a lil salt n pepper to taste and they were amazing! Give them a try if on you plan of ok foods for purée stage!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

jamrodriguez
on 8/24/15 11:17 pm

I've been living on refried beans, cottage cheese, and baked ricotta. On days I feel like pulling out the blender I'll have some soup. Also adding avocado and lime juice to everything lately. Nom!

Nancy
on 8/25/15 5:36 am - Kasson, MN

I wasn't able to eat tuna after my surgery, and 10 years put still have had time eating it!  I had to learn to eat a whole differ et diet!

JoeyJo
on 8/25/15 9:57 am - NJ

My favorite during that stage was the ricotta bake and Campbell's potato soup made with milk and half a scoop of unflavored protein powder and pureed till smooth.  So good! 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1305 views