Insulin Pump

beckyp0320
on 8/23/15 7:15 pm

What did you do with your pump once you had your surgery and didn't need it anymore? Seems like a waste to just throw it away... especially since its so expensive!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/23/15 8:00 pm

How far you are from surgery?  You sure you don't need it? What does your doc say? 

Some people still need to use that...unless you are in total remission, and you are sure you don't need it, - then probably you can donate it.  

Most likely - since it is a medical device - you may not be able to sell it... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

beckyp0320
on 8/23/15 8:04 pm

I'm 2 mths post op, I am off my pump completely and only on 1 medication and insulin by shot in the evening if needed.  I was thinking of donating it, not selling it but wasn't sure if there was a proper protocol.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/24/15 4:16 am

I would clean it well... And put it away for now. 

I would talk to the doc who prescribed that to me asking what to do - keep - or donate it - and if donating - the office should know how and where.. 

If you paid any out of pocket for that - and you donate you can may get same tax benefit..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mathew M.
on 8/24/15 8:21 pm

I'm type 1 since age 7 so unfortunately will always need my pump.

Who is the manufacturer?  Is it Medtronic?  I know they have a charity program where they take your old pump, refurbi**** and get it to people in need.

Call them.

M

49 years old, male.

5'11", HW:306, SW:284, CW:194.5, Goal:195lbs.VSG 6/19/15, Dr. Scott Cunneen at Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1336 views