Taking Devrom is like playing stinky Russian roulette

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/15 10:03 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Some people swear by the stuff for making gas not stink, but for me, it's so hit-and-miss that it's like playing Russian roulette. Will this one go completed unnoticed? Or will it make my officemate evacuate to the hallway with lightning speed? Who knows; every fart is a mystery!

White Dove
on 8/31/15 10:19 am - Warren, OH

Check everything you are eating for sugar alcohols.  Some vitamins are loaded with them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

LoverFlyWolfie
on 9/1/15 12:48 pm

thanks 

boxtop2006
on 8/31/15 11:55 am
RNY on 03/24/15

As I sit in my office, I can't help but laugh at the way you worded this!  I don't have this issue (thank goodness) but my husband does and boy can he clean out a house/office/hotel you name it and people are flying out of window to get out of the area. LMBO  I had him get Devrom since I had read on here how well it worked and after a while I actually got on to him for not using it. Well, it turns out he was, he said it's not my fault sometimes it works and other times the smell escapes. LOL  He had RNY about 7yrs ago. Good Luck

Melissa 

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

MickeyDee
on 8/31/15 8:03 pm

I use Devrom but chew 4 pills at once;  sometimes it's absolutely necessary to overcome the SBDs.

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/15 8:04 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Oh wow, I've been taking 2 a day. I wonder if I'm just not taking enough to combat the demons.

hollykim
on 9/1/15 9:31 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 1, 2015 at 8:04 AM Pacific Time, 4FurKids wrote:

Oh wow, I've been taking 2 a day. I wonder if I'm just not taking enough to combat the demons.

read the label

LoverFlyWolfie
on 9/1/15 12:51 pm

Don't over do it. 

MickeyDee
on 8/31/15 8:05 pm

"SBD"  = Silent But Deadly for those who haven't suffered from the sydrome.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/31/15 10:02 pm - OH

I think that most people have better luck with identifying the food(s) causing the gas and eliminating those foods in order to eliminate the gas.  For many people, it is certain types of carbs (especially flour products) and sugar alcohols (which are in many "sugar free" foods).

I know that if I indulge in too many pretzels while watching football games, I am sure to have terrible gas the next day. My body also handles real sugar much better than items sweetened with sugar alcohols (which don't give me gas, but do give me intestinal cramping and diarrhea).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1351 views