The Struggle is real

MelodyMay
on 9/2/15 1:09 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

Went to my psych eval yesterday and met with my Nutritionist for the last time. All I had to do was go pick up my medical records from a place I went to last year and I would be set. I would have to complete my blood work and I could submit my info to the insurance company as of Jan. 3 2016...I was so close....

Unfortunately, the place I went to last year lost the vitals from my visit. They show I was there and the procedure I had done, but the records don't show what I weighed in as. And they are acting like it's not a big deal. Oops, sorry our records were incomplete in our system and we can't seem to find your paper record anywhere so even though we treated you and you walked out with a prescription, we have nothing to show you actually stood on a scale. 

So instead of a having my surgery in 2016, I have to wait..get weighed in 2016 so I have 2 years of weight info and submit the request in Jan 2017.

I have never felt so heartbroken and shattered in my entire life. I have been working so hard at this. I followed all the rules. Crossed ever T and dotted every i along the way but because of a clerical error, I am screwed.

God, I want to cry again....

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

kathkeb
on 9/2/15 6:33 am

Have you considered Mexico as an option?

if you are leaning towards VSG there are some excellent surgeons you could see for an affordable price.

There is a forum here for Mexico ... You should check it out.

Kath

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/2/15 6:37 am, edited 9/2/15 6:37 am - OH

Do you not have any medical documentation from the year prior (or the year before that)? Just because the insurance company wants a 2-year weight history doesn't mean it has to be exactly 2 years (ETA: which also might not mean having to wait until 2017, BTW... Insurance doesn't base things on calendar year duration).  If you can show that you were overwieght for more than 2 years, that is just as good.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/2/15 2:05 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Did you see any other providers that year, like a walk-in clinic or urgent care? If all they need is a weight record from that year, you may be able to submit that.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

suzyq584
on 9/2/15 3:02 pm

I really hope one of the suggestions above work for you and you are able to progress toward surgery.  I can imagine how frustrated and shattered you feel right now but remember...where there's a will, there's a way! 

MelodyMay
on 9/2/15 3:55 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

THEY FOUND MY RECORDS FROM 2014!!!!

I just had to threaten to sue them! Funny how that works....

BOTTOM LINE...I get to submit the information to the Insurance company as early as Jan. 3, 2016!!!

HKT53
on 9/2/15 6:32 pm - Toronto, Canada

I am so proud of you. You go girl. I like that..."either they pull up their socks or you sue".

You are a girl after my own heart. There needs to be more people like you.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Zee Starrlite
on 9/3/15 1:00 pm

Wow that is nuts!  You're in the U.S.A.?  What kind of insurance is this?

I wouldn't cry.  I'd use that energy to make them find my records and get me a surgical date in 2016 as promised.

Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

MelodyMay
on 9/3/15 3:03 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

I did actually! I called the next day and told them that it is illegal for them to treat me without first taking my vitals. I know they were done, I remember them being done and if they didn't find them that I would be suing them. I explained that I refuse to wait over a year to have a surgery that will save my life because they have clerical issues. Within 5 minutes they called me back, told me they found them and had already faxed them to my Hospital.

I can officially submit for approval 1/3/16!! 

Zee Starrlite
on 9/4/15 8:05 am

Great Melody

Yeah!!!  I am so happy for you hun.  The road is never clear so just keep pushing forward!

(((HUGS)))

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active