Vitamins

Mommyx3
on 9/2/15 7:51 pm - Canada

i am pre op just had my pre surgica class so waiting for surgery date anytime...question to put out there is as far as vitamins go did anyone buy the bariatric ones online or find it was easy to find the ones they needed locally? I'm worried I won't find the chewable ones and want to have them ready to go for whenever the call comes

joanne0658
on 9/4/15 9:20 pm

if it's possible, try to sample different vitamins.  i purchased tons of different ones and gave most away (bye-bye $180!), as i just couldn't keep them down.  i'm not going to say which ones, as we're all different and you'll know which one is just right for you.

jo 

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/5/15 5:56 am - OH

You do not need to buy special (expensive!) "bariatric" vitamins.  Chewable Centrum, Centrum Silver, or a generic version are just fine (for about 1/3 of the cost).  All are available in chewable versions and are easily found at Walmart, Walgreens/CVS  grocery stores, etc.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/5/15 6:48 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I did and still buy my vitamins online.  I had a hard time finding vitamins that really met my needs in the chewable variety that weren't children's or lacking in some way -- especially the calcium citrate.  Truthfully, I didn't need to continue with chewables -- and the Cleveland Clinic even allows normal tablets/capsules after two weeks post-op -- but for me, it's a compliance issue.  For me personally, I consider my vitamins/calcium a treat ... and thus, this helps me to be very compliant.  I have NEVER missed a dose.  As dumb as it sounds, they are the only "candy" I get all day! 

I use Celebrate.  I really like them and my labs have been phenomenal.  Celebrate Vitamins 

You can order a sample pack to see what you like -- it used to be $3 and they give you a 3 off coupon on your first order to re-imburse you.  Also, right now they have a great promo code: Thanks2015 that gives you 10% off your order

Again, there are cheaper ways to do it -- it's just what works for me.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1457 views