Will there be any problem in extracting teeth soon after weight loss surgery?

janehepz
on 8/31/15 3:09 am

I had my weight loss surgery from a clinic in Scarborough a month ago and I’m getting better. But now I’m severely suffering from tooth pain, I even find it difficult to sleep. So I'm planning to consult our family dentist Dr. Ken Wolch from Centenary Dental Clinic in our locality. But I think if I need to get rid of the toothache, I should extract those teeth and replace them with dental implants or dentures. But as I just got weight loss surgery recently will there be any other risk? Or should I wait till I recover from it and then consult dentist?

White Dove
on 8/31/15 5:27 am - Warren, OH

It is a totally different part of the body and there is no reason to suffer with tooth pain because you had stomach surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

merry1126
on 8/31/15 1:25 pm, edited 8/31/15 1:30 pm
VSG on 06/17/15

If the pain is severe enough to trouble your sleep, you need to see the dentist immediately.  You may be able to save the teeth with root canals.  But at this point the dentist needs to assess what causing the pain just let the office know you had surgery.  Teeth need to be treated like other parts of the body, if someone was having severe pain anywhere else in the body they would go to their doctors regardless if they just surgery.

Hislady
on 9/1/15 6:52 pm - Vancouver, WA

Having your teeth worked on is no problem but I would strongly advise if you can fix the individual teethe that is so much better than dentures! Dentures are a pain and don't really let you eat what you need to. They rarely fit right and if you can avoid them please do I've had nothing but problems with mine and still after a year of them can't wear them. They have been adjust numerous times and still don't fit, so avoid them if you can!!

janehepz
on 9/7/15 12:18 am

I've visited Dr. Ken and he told me those teeth should be extracted as soon as possible and a dental implant can be placed over there. Tooth extraction is a nightmare for me. I don't know how will I suffer it. Anyway thanks for your comments!! :) 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1301 views