Gastric by pass several years out

halldl2
on 9/2/15 10:58 pm

Many of you are new to the gastric by pass surgery.  I am a nurse, gastric bypass pt. and unfortunately a cancer pt. that was caused

by a deficiency after gastric bypass surgery doctors were unaware of.   Many of my pts. are past gastric bypass, have no immune system,

coming in with many severe problems such as anemia, calcium, etc.   I have one employee at my hospital that had her surgery two years

before me when they didn't have a bariatric clinic where you follow up with your labs yearly for life.  I met her 2 years ago, she mentioned

by pass surgery she had had and before our conversation was complete I had notified the bariatric clinic.  Her severe problems cannot be

reversed.  She has lost in 1 years time 3 inches of her spine.   And this is the least of her problems.     How many of you have been

diagnosed with lupus, thyroid cancer, graves disease, other cancers.  Have lost your immune system.  All of you will eventually loose

your immune system unless you learn about this vitamin deficiency that controls the immune system.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/3/15 8:40 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On September 2, 2015 at 10:58 PM Pacific Time, halldl2 wrote:

Many of you are new to the gastric by pass surgery.  I am a nurse, gastric bypass pt. and unfortunately a cancer pt. that was caused

by a deficiency after gastric bypass surgery doctors were unaware of.   Many of my pts. are past gastric bypass, have no immune system,

coming in with many severe problems such as anemia, calcium, etc.   I have one employee at my hospital that had her surgery two years

before me when they didn't have a bariatric clinic where you follow up with your labs yearly for life.  I met her 2 years ago, she mentioned

by pass surgery she had had and before our conversation was complete I had notified the bariatric clinic.  Her severe problems cannot be

reversed.  She has lost in 1 years time 3 inches of her spine.   And this is the least of her problems.     How many of you have been

diagnosed with lupus, thyroid cancer, graves disease, other cancers.  Have lost your immune system.  All of you will eventually loose

your immune system unless you learn about this vitamin deficiency that controls the immune system.

If we're all at such terrible risk, why not give us some actual medical/scientific info to prevent us from our (inevitable?) doom?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Jen R.
on 9/8/15 12:05 pm - VA

How about we just report this member?

Jen      

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/8/15 12:07 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm sure it's been done several times already :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

PRHOLLYSPRINGS
on 9/9/15 8:32 am - Holly Springs, NC

I absolutely  2nd that motion!!!!!! 

SkinnyScientist
on 9/3/15 11:07 am

I am confused.  You state "all of you will eventually loose your immune system unless you learn about this vitamin deficiency"

What vitamin deficiency?  You discuss THIS vitamin deficiency and never tell us what vitamin we are deficient in.

Further, since you are a nurse, you should know that immune cells are generated in the bone marrow. We had our intestines rerouted. We as a patient population have not  had our bone marrow removed.

Further white cells "learn" about what is "me" and what is "not me" in the thymus gland and lymph nodes and spleen.  AS a patient population we generally have not had our thymus glands, lymph nodes or spleens removed during our RNY surgery.

So, unless you can provide specific studies and tell me the specific vitamin deficiencies that cause the problems you have listed, I can NOT agree with your conclusionary statements because they do not make physiological/biological sense.

If you can provide studies and science, I am open to reassessment.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

ladygodiva1228
on 9/3/15 11:07 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On September 2, 2015 at 10:58 PM Pacific Time, halldl2 wrote:

Stop the fear mongering already.  You want to rile feathers and give NO proof of anything you say.  Did you gain all your weight back and now you're angry?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

SkinnyScientist
on 9/3/15 11:44 am

Actually I am now waiting for the pitch to sell 1) colloidal silver 2) water that has been harmonized with crystals freshly charged by the moon c) c) tumeric d) curcumin and e) cinnamon.

SkinnyScientist
on 9/3/15 11:41 am

I am confused.  You state "all of you will eventually loose your immune system unless you learn about this vitamin deficiency"

What vitamin deficiency?  You discuss THIS vitamin deficiency and never tell us what vitamin we are deficient in.

Further, since you are a nurse, you should know that immune cells are generated in the bone marrow. We had our intestines rerouted. We as a patient population have not  had our bone marrow removed.

Further white cells "learn" about what is "me" and what is "not me" in the thymus gland and lymph nodes and spleen.  AS a patient population we generally have not had our thymus glands, lymph nodes or spleens removed during our RNY surgery.

So, unless you can provide specific studies and tell me the specific vitamin deficiencies that cause the problems you have listed, I can NOT agree with your conclusionary statements because they do not make physiological/biological sense.

If you can provide studies and science, I am open to reassessment.

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/15 12:01 pm

I understand that you're trying to help and that your personal experience with lymphatic cancer post bariatric surgery as well as your job that deals with long term bariatric patients who have neglected their health and suffer from vitamin deficiencies colors your post .

I just think the reality is not as scary as you depict.  The actual statistics do show huge health IMPROVEMENTS for most bariatric surgery patients and a significant increase in quality of life , mobility and longevity over the long term.   I think you mean well but I really hope new forum members understand that yours is just one person's opinion and the statistics drawn up over the thirty plus years these surgeries have been performed are very conclusive in the POSITIVE direction. 

Most Active