VSG

sky_624
on 10/5/15 1:41 pm - Canada

I am having surgery Oct. 14th at Toronto East General. When can I workout. Have bad knees

arthritis. Was told by a friend that you can't drive for a month. Is this true? I have been

making my own puree food and putting them in ice trays and freezing them. Was wondering

will 1 ice cube be fitting per meal?

sky_624

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/5/15 2:09 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I couldn't drive for several days-- basically, as long as I was on pain meds. I was OK after about a week, though.

You'll want to measure how much food you put in each ice cube tray. At first, you'll be eating less than 1 oz per sitting.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/15 3:05 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I was told to walk and do whatever cardio I could tolerate as soon as possible. By 2 days post-op, my mom was dragging me to every mall in the area. (She said I needed to walk. I think she just wanted to shop.) I was cleared to start strength training at 4 weeks.

The only restriction I got for driving was "not while on pain meds." I think I was driving again about 3 days post-op, as soon as I could comfortably get into the car again.

Neesie57
on 10/5/15 3:37 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I first drove at 10 days post op, after I was off all pain meds. When I started on foods, other than liquids, I could eat ¼ cup, or 2 ounces at a time.

Walk as much as possible after surgery, even the first day. You can workout, as long as you don't lift weights until you get the doctor's ok.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Tracy D.
on 10/6/15 9:21 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I had surgery on Friday, home on Sunday, driving by Tuesday. I was off all pain meds once I got home so driving wasn't an issue.

Not driving for a month? That's just crazy talk...never, ever heard of that!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Cathy W.
on 10/6/15 10:15 am

I haven't ever heard not driving for a month. I was instructed by my bariatric surgeon not to drive while I was taking any prescription pain pills. By Day 4 post-op, I had stopped the pain meds and was driving.

I'm not sure about the ice cubes. Whatever food progression program you're given by your surgeon, check with them first.

All the best to you on October 14th!!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

VintageWine
on 10/6/15 11:37 am

I don't drive (I take public transportation) but if I recall what it said on the papers they gave me,it said you shouldn't drive for at least a week.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1114 views