Conference

kbmerritt84
on 10/12/15 7:00 am
with

So, Im going to the conference alone this weekend. I have generalized anxiety disorder and am kinda dreading certain aspects. Anyone else going or have any tips?

Thanks!

Kathy S.
on 10/12/15 9:47 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi kbmerritt84,

We are so happy to hear you are going. What are some of the area's you feel may be a challenge for you? Maybe we can make some suggestions. Post this on your surgery type forum and also the NC forum to reach out to other members that may be going.

Here is the link:

North Carolina Weight Loss Forum

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

kbmerritt84
on 10/12/15 10:08 am
with

Thank you, Kathy!

Kathy S.
on 10/12/15 10:20 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Your Welcome! You will have a great time. Try to remember we are all part of the same family. We know pain, abuse, isolation and shame that society puts on us. All you have to do is say hi and everyone will be there for you. Be sure and seek out Sarah, she is one of the speakers there and she is the BEST!

http://events.obesityhelp.com/oh2015-speaker-sarah-bramblett e/

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sarahlicious
on 10/13/15 1:53 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Hi,

Here are some tips from veteran conference attendees. Also there will be a Mix n Mingle Friday morning at 10 AM that will allow the opportunity to meet others. But any time you need a break just relax in the lobby, meeting a lot of new people can be overwhelming but I assure you there are others who have been in the same situation, so lots of understanding.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/obesityhelp-community-ti ps-attending-a-conferencehttp://www.obesityhelp.com/articles /obesityhelp-community-tips-attending-a-conference

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 10/12/15 10:20 pm
DS on 09/27/23

Hello! I'm happy to hear you'll be coming. I'll be there too, and am very willing to help you navigate anything that you're concerned about. You will be among very warm and accepting people; I know from experience, having been to somewhere around 25 OH conferences.

We want you to have the most relaxing enjoyable time and feel comfortable in your surroundings, so please PM me with specific questions you have.

See you soon!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Tammy C.
on 10/13/15 6:24 am

Hello kbmerritt84,

Over the years of hosting conferences, we have had many others who attend by themselves and that alone can create anxious moments... but not for long! The OH Conferences are where you will easily find support and friendships with people who understand your weight loss journey and life cir****tances. Many conference attendees come back year after year to see old friends who have become like family members. You will meet speakers and OH members who will share their own stories of how they learned to step outside their comfort zone, how the overcame the anxiety and uncertainty they were feeling to go on to do remarkable things...such as becoming a motivational speaker at a future event, run marathons, model in the OH Fashion Shows, write books...the list goes on! We are happy that you will be attending the conference and our OH Team looks forward to meeting you!

All my best, 

Tammy Colter
Director of Media & PR
Editor-In-Chief
ObesityHelp.com
OH Magazine
Most Active