Happy Thanksgiving! Gonna miss anything today?

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/15 6:52 am

This is my first Thanksgiving since my RNY. For me im going to miss my Aunt's homemade bread! She put honey in it and OMG it is soo good. Alas though, my body has determined bread to be the enemy. It hurtsssssssss :( It clumps up in my stomach. I have heard this is pretty common so im not alone in this. But, is there anything you wont be able to have today that you'll miss?

Kathy S.
on 11/26/15 7:23 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Happy Thanksgiving!

I won't miss the 200 pounds I have lost.  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

NYMom222
on 11/26/15 7:56 am
RNY on 07/23/14

This is my second year out and I can see already...soooo much more of a challenge. I cooked a turkey yesterday as my son is flying in with his family and I need to go to the airport an hour way to pick them up. We are going to eat somewhere in Astoria, Queens. (I want a diner, he wants pizza... really?) We will have the turkey at some point this weekend, and I will make the sides then... The smell of turkey cooking made me so head hungry... and I was 'picking' all day. tried to keep it healthy but still. I made a low sugar apple pie, which is in the freezer for when we are ready... I would love to make a pumpkin pie, but I don't need 2 pies hanging around the house.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

peachpie
on 11/26/15 10:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'll miss Mac and cheese and rice& peas. Typically I only make these on Thanksgiving... But no one else fancies them like me, so no sense cooking things I know will be an issue for me. I don't feel the least bit deprived though, there is plenty I will enjoy. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

christinerocks
on 11/27/15 5:07 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Kathy already said what I was going to say.... which is, I did NOT miss the 94 pounds I've lost so far! 

I made a no-sugar-added pumpkin custard (no crust pie), and it was honestly fantastic.  I stuck to turkey, greenbeans, mashed turnips, no sugr added cranberry sauce (splurge) and 1/4 c. of my gravy (splurge).  I decided the cranberry and the gravy were worth the carbs!  

I was the only person who was up and bopping around and full of energy after dinner because I did not overindulge.  I did NOT miss feeling lethargic and sorry for myself at the end of the day!!! 

Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Most Active