Roll Call: What are you Thankful for?

rustimart
on 11/23/15 8:54 am - Corona Del Mar, CA

Since Thanksgiving just around the corner I always love the tradition of asking our family what they are thankful for. So to my Obesityhelp family members what are you THANKFUL For?

For me it my Family, Friends, and the moments that I can spend time with them making great memories!

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/15 9:18 am

I have so many things to be thankful for but tops on the list this year are: my husband and two daughters who have been my cheering section since I decided to have surgery. That I was in a position to be able to go to Mexico as a self pay and do this. I know so many people can't do that even though compared to the Us medical care is very inexpensive. This is the year I decided to change my life and I am thankful that I made that decision...life is so much better.

rustimart
on 11/23/15 9:20 am, edited 11/23/15 12:04 pm - Corona Del Mar, CA

Since Thanksgiving just around the corner I always love the tradition of asking our family what they are thankful for. So to my Obesityhelp family members what are you THANKFUL For?

For me it my Family, Friends, and the moments that I can spend time with them making great memories!

Kathy S.
on 11/23/15 10:04 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

To many to list but mainly:

Family

Good Health

Good Friends

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

mschwab
on 11/23/15 11:43 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I am thankful for my friends and family, and the opportunity to spend time with them this holiday season.  I am also profoundly thankful for my new life after RNY, and all of the supportive and wise people here on OH.  I don't know what I would have done without you all.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

rustimart
on 11/23/15 11:44 am - Corona Del Mar, CA

It's amazing the support we get from our OH family! Have a great Holidays!

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/15 12:24 pm

I am thankful for my husband.  He has helped me realize what's really important in this life and he always brings me back when I need to be put in my place.  I met him in the grocery store and we married after only a few months, but here we are, 13 years later, and I am so thankful for him!  I am also thankful for the job I have.  I am thankful I was able to finish university and become a teacher.  This has been a life-long passion of mine and not many people get their dream job (I just wish I had the dream pay!!!).  I am thankful for my two children; they make my days full of life and I love to see my own creation running around this earth.  I am thankful for my parents and for my siblings.  I am thankful for this journey, for the education I have picked up along the way, for all the people I have ever met in the path to weightloss, and to the gym...for always being there for me even when I am worst to myself in my head.  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/23/15 9:42 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'm thankful for a lot of things,my pets, my friends, my family, my health, my faith, my job, even if it is a pain in the ass sometimes. I'm most thankful for my mom, she always has my back & loves me no matter what & she's still here. I miss my Dad, but am thankful for having had the greatest Dad in the world., & of course I'm thankful for the OH community & some have become like a second family, even though we're miles apart, it's nice knowing they're nearby whenever I need them. 

Now if they could just fix my sideways avatar. LOL 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/15 6:55 am

There are a lot of things I am thankful for this year. My mom is done with her chemo and radiation. She is feeling better.

I am thankful for my husband and kids. And of course my four legged kids. Even though I have dog hair everywhere in the house. My one lets me vacuum her. I know crazy. 

I am thankful a little over two years ago I decided to have WLS. I am down 140 pounds from my highest weight. 

I very excited this year. I am making Thanksgiving. I have never made it before. 

I like it since I am in the control seat. 

Catek2652
on 11/24/15 4:07 pm
RNY on 10/26/15

I'm grateful for my husband who has been the most wonderful helpmate since my surgery.

I'm grateful for coming home from the hospital after 3 1/2 weeks and surviving multiple surgeries.

Im also grateful for my surgeon *****cognized something was wrong, for refusing to give up and for calling out all the stops and resources from her many contacts and willingness to try new to her methods to get my guts to work right.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1342 views