Somehow Found Myself Back on OH

Haven
on 1/18/16 11:50 am

I'm guessing that most of the folks on the OH Forums are either still pre op or still in the earlier stages of post op life.  I know that I was quite obsessed with this site years ago when I was researching and waiting for my surgery date and I stayed pretty active for a few years after.  Now, I am 9 1/2 years out from my surgery and found myself wondering if any of the folks that were here when I was active are still around.  

Anyone been around that long? Or even longer than 5 years?

Deanna798
on 1/18/16 12:02 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I'm a newbie, but you'll find quite a few "old timers" still around. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Haven
on 1/18/16 12:09 pm

Deanna, thanks for taking the time to reply.  I probably sounded a bit snobbish with my wording but i'm not really ONLY interested in folks that are way past the honeymoon phase of WLS, I was just being a bit nostalgic.  

I do remember the "newbie" days, even though it has been so many years ago.  I hope you're doing well and are wildly successful in your efforts to get to a healthier you.  

Deanna798
on 1/18/16 12:20 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Have no fear,  I took no offense.  We like it when the vets come back,  you've been there and done that and you are fresh meat to bombard with our newbie questions. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Haven
on 1/18/16 12:32 pm

Thank you for the gracious attitude.  :)

I suppose I would be considered a "vet" in this arena.  Hard to imagine that i'll be marking 10 years as a WLS post op in a few months.  The time creeps by when you're a pre-op and FEELS like it creeps by when you're watching that scale like a hawk during the first year or so afterward but before you realize it, life has "normalized" for the most part and WLS doesn't seem as prominent in your mind any more.  

I still know my "pouch" rules and some days are more of a reminder than others but it's a way of life now, it's not really thought about overtly but I know my limits.  

Cheryl Denomy
on 1/18/16 12:28 pm - Oshawa, Canada

15 years, 9 months, 1 day (but who's counting) here.

Haven
on 1/18/16 12:34 pm

That's a LONG time, Cheryl.  Makes my time ticked off a bit pale!  Hope you're doing well, nice to see some old blood mixed in with the new blood!

L. 68
on 1/20/16 7:15 am

Hi Haven,

9 years 359 who's counting lol..

Rblain..

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/16 2:43 pm - CA

Welcome back!    There are several that are still around some as early as 2004.  I don't recognize your name, did you go by something else when you were on before?

Nik

Haven
on 1/19/16 7:41 pm

This is still my original account, so this is the only thing i've been known as -- not very original, I suppose.  Haven is my name.  LOL

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1363 views