does anyone have a copy of the rant

bootyfull
on 4/1/06 11:26 am - millville, NJ
does anyone have a copy of susan marias rant that everyone is whining about i wanted to see what the big deal is hugs bonnie
Kathy S.
on 4/1/06 11:33 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Me too I went to the rant section and it was gone Would like to read what all the doo doo is about Take care, Kathy 330/118 April 14th first round of PS
bootyfull
on 4/1/06 11:35 am - millville, NJ
i know its gone i hope someone copied it hugs bonnnie
Angel J.
on 4/1/06 11:41 am - Troutdale, OR
I been gone from the boards a few days.. I guess I missed all the troubles... I just hope it all works out whatever it is. If someone emailed it to me I would certainly read it! Hugs Angel J LOS
Loril
on 4/1/06 11:47 am - Hopkins, MN
http://store.bariatriceating.com/thismonthsrant.html not sure if it works but here's what I found.
Valerie G.
on 4/1/06 12:25 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
The March rant was removed. I guess we'll have to dig to see if we can find it in the early days postings..
MardiGras
on 4/1/06 1:02 pm - appleton, WI
I think that it the feb one. The bad one is pulled. Marty
SweetCivi
on 4/1/06 12:41 pm - Yuma, AZ
I would also like to read it. If anyone has a copy please e-mail it to me. Thanks Kristin
Loril
on 4/1/06 12:46 pm - Hopkins, MN
Since the link didn't work I've copied and pasted...? will it work? On January 20-21 my company, BariatricEating.com, participated in an 'American Society for Bariatric Surgery' conference in Las Vegas as a member of the ASBS corporate council. I say it every chance I get as I'm proud to operate at such a high level of excellence. I don't compromise my principles and walk the walk while I talk the talk. I have grown this company with a wonderful team of people, but I was the sole bariatric patient until now. We are now blessed with the addition of two stellar examples of how this surgery is supposed to turn out in a perfect world, Glen Blind & Teresa White. Their stories inspire and both have earned the right to be called superstars in this arena with a combined weight loss of almost 600 pounds. They stood by my side in the MGM Grand Convention Center and shoulder to shoulder with surgeons, anesthesiologists, bariatricians, and nutrionists from Tufts, Duke, and Harvard Universities, ASBS Centers of Excellence from across the country, the top hospitals in the world including Johns Hopkins, and Mayo Clinic. We talked with these professionals about patient compliance or more accurately, patient non-compliance. The surgeons realize that there are patients who are failing. Did the surgery fail the patient or did the patient fail the surgery? There are those who never got close to goal, those who gained back substantial weight, many stopped being accountable, they learned to cheat the surgery in their own support group meetings, and are now eating in the closet again. Too embarrassed by failure to come out and ask for help from the surgeons who saved them from morbid obesity, we need to reach out to these people. The surgery didn't fail them; they have just failed to use the surgery as a means to implement lifelong behavioral changes. We all know post-ops who ate Chicken McNuggets & chocolate covered graham crackers in their first weeks after surgery, post-ops so nutritionally void that they need IV iron infusions to qualify for plastic surgery, and long-term post-ops that have no idea why they are tired and practically bald. I have business dinners with patients who now work in the bariatric field and I'm stunned by their eating habits; drinking sodas with dinner, devouring the bread basket, ordering pasta, and scoffing down desserts. Sure they eat smaller quantities, but no wonder they hover at 200 pounds. Sure it is better than 400 pounds, but is that really what we were shooting for? At least 'make believe' you follow a program when you have dinner with the chick from BariatricEating.com! The 'Vultures' are starting to gather with hyped up diet programs, diet pills, food programs to buy, and slick sales pitches; it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Weigh****chers and Jenny Craig were to introduce 'Failed Bariatric Diet' programs. We were all vulnerable before, and now many of us are vulnerable again. Once again we're searching for the Magic Pill when we have already had the Golden Ring (or Golden Pouch) surgically implanted. If we feel we are surgical failures all we need to do is to ask for help. We don't need snake oil diet programs; we need to use our heads to work our surgically created pouches as a tool to regain control. After Las Vegas, I am even more determined than ever to help 'lost' post-ops but I dont want to hear that vitamins taste 'yucky' or you can't 'tolerate' protein. If you need help, take my hand and let's get to work. I have just launched my 'Before & After' Message Board to compliment my website, highlight my carefully selected protein products & best-selling bariatric book. You don't need diet pills and a program, you need accountability, and here is the link for help. Susan Maria's 'Before & After' Message Board. Ciao, Susan Maria y_february2006 Copyright © 2006 by Susan Maria Leach, BariatricEating.com, Before & After Nutrition, HarperCollins Pub.Co. Inc. all rights reserved.
~Stacy H~
on 4/1/06 12:58 pm
That's not it. It was March's rant/rants. Stacy
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1546 views