Cubii under the desk elliptical review

mute
on 2/5/16 5:14 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Early review of my Cubii under the desk elliptical.

I've only used it 4 days but I can tell that the complaints I've read about other under the desk ellipticals won't be true with this one- my knees come nowhere close to hitting my desk. That might be different if I had longer legs though, I'm not sure but it works for me really well and that's the biggest complaint I see on other brands.

Syncing it to my phone worked really really well and made it like an actual elliptical at the gym in the sense it told me how many miles and calories I was burning. There are other features on the app I haven't explored but I can tell that will be really great to have. Other reviews I've seen have been positive about the app.

It was super easy to put together, everything was included in the box to do so. I have an office so I don't have to worry about bothering someone in a cubicle but it's very quiet and I can't imagine it would be much louder than computer hums to someone else's ears.

The issues I'm having are small and I think I can fix them. When I use it the machine slowly slips backward over half an hour or so and eventually hits the wall. I'm getting one of those non slip rugs you put under a nice rug to see if that helps. The other issue is it comes with chair stops so your chair doesn't move while using it but when I put them on I can't get in my chair with my desk configuration lol.

I used it for 50 minutes today, did 2 miles and burned 110 calories. So I don't think someone who is very active who be super impressed with it but for someone who works at a desk full time and then does editing on the side at another desk (as in me lol) it's kind of perfect!.

I've used it the past 4 days in a row doing a total of 2 miles each day and My legs are actually sore which is a good thing because that means it's working I think. I can feel it in my calves and thighs and somewhat I my abdominal area. 

So IMO this is better than nothing but not better than a lot lol. It is expensive so there's that drawback. I have 2 weeks to decide if I want to keep it. But unless there's something I discover that's awful next week I'm keeping it. 

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/5/16 7:37 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I think that IS impressive.  I use a treadmill desk -- and people might scoff because in order to be work productive, I only walk about 2.0 mph.  Hardly a jog or even a fast walk for that matter -- but what I am doing is taking largely sedentary time and adding activity to it.  

Sitting will kill you, even if you exercise

Most of all, I love the efficiency of it.  I love the fact that I am getting PAID to add activity.  I am extremely pragmatic, so the idea of using "lost" time to do something for me really motivates me. I think it's awesome that you are doing this.  FOR YOU.

I am interested in this contraption -- just to mix it up.  I can't wait to hear what you think about it after a few weeks.  Thanks for posting!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

mute
on 2/5/16 8:23 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I thought about a standing desk but the way my office is I don't think I can and the cost would be on me because my company wouldn't cover (I know because we just refused another person lol). So I thought baby steps since I was also a bit worried about the thought of standing the whole time admittedly!

im hoping this helps with my overall weight loss, I haven't changed anything with my eating so if I add this I think it will be good. I figure it can't be bad. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/5/16 10:39 am

I got the adjustable vari desk and I like it. But it was expensive. But with back surgery I was not allowed to sit for more than 1 hour.. So it was either that or 3 months off ... That I could afford.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/5/16 10:40 am

Eso you have a link to the one you got? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

mute
on 2/5/16 11:01 am
RNY on 03/23/15

https://mycubii.com/shop/cubii/

Here you go, I think they're only available through this site so far. They're kind of fresh from their Kickstarter a year and a half ago so I was worried but I think the bugs have been mostly worked out. 

Laura in Texas
on 2/5/16 10:52 am

How far is the space from the elliptical to the wall? Can you put a piece of plywood on the floor between the machine and the wall to keep it from moving?

I may look into getting one!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

mute
on 2/5/16 11:04 am
RNY on 03/23/15

That literally just occurred to me - or a dowel did a little bit ago- if the non slip rug doesn't work. It's about a foot between the elliptical and the wall so I think that would work pretty well. And actually this weekend I'm going to see if I have something at home around that size to try bring to work Monday to try. I really wanted two options to try so yay!

Laura in Texas
on 2/5/16 11:13 am

I'm a woodworker and my garage is filled with plywood. I am always thinking of new ways to use it...lol!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

mute
on 2/8/16 7:43 am
RNY on 03/23/15

This worked so great and a free solution woo hoo!! It doesn't slide at all now so I'm loving this even more today. Good thought you had :)

Most Active