Im gaining weight to get approved for insurance coverage!

Ashyone
on 2/5/16 12:38 pm

Im just going to be honest, in order for my insurance to pay for my surgery I have to gain 25 pounds. 

Anyone else GAIN weight to get the sleeve?

Yes, i have private insurance that I pay for.

Yes, i have gained and lost weight all my life, 100 pounds here, 120 pounds plus and minus. 

The only co-morbid is my Thyroid Disease that does not qualify me. 

Just looking for anyone else to talk to about their journey. 

White Dove
on 2/5/16 2:01 pm - Warren, OH

Check the insurance requirements.  Some insurances require you to have been at the higher weight for five years.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Deanna798
on 2/5/16 4:07 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Mine required the 5 year weight history.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

kathkeb
on 2/6/16 7:09 am

You might want to be less public about your plans.

it is Insurance fraud to deliberately make yourself more sick to gain coverage.  A criminal offense.

Kath

KeishaLeigh
on 2/6/16 1:22 pm - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

Just to put it out there..I did not have insurance that would cover surgery. I was able to go out of country for less that what my coinsurance cost would have been. No regrets about it at all.

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

SDenae
on 2/6/16 6:25 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

I don't understand why you would do this. You could simply follow the post-op diet plan and lose the weight on your own. If keeping the weight off is the reason, you should know that having the surgery does not guarantee that. A high percentage of WLS patient DO gain the weight back.

If I were you, I would seek therapy to deal with the issues that are causing your weight problems (you'll have to do that for surgery, anyway), and then put myself on the post-op diet. (Any of us can tell you what you need to do for that.) If you can't follow the diet without the surgery, you most likely won't be able to do it after the surgery, either.

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/7/16 8:26 am
On February 7, 2016 at 2:25 AM Pacific Time, SDenae wrote:

I don't understand why you would do this. You could simply follow the post-op diet plan and lose the weight on your own. If keeping the weight off is the reason, you should know that having the surgery does not guarantee that. A high percentage of WLS patient DO gain the weight back.

If I were you, I would seek therapy to deal with the issues that are causing your weight problems (you'll have to do that for surgery, anyway), and then put myself on the post-op diet. (Any of us can tell you what you need to do for that.) If you can't follow the diet without the surgery, you most likely won't be able to do it after the surgery, either.

Say what????  Based on your post I wonder why you even bother having surgery?  If following post op diet without WLS is such a simple answer- why did you do that??? 

Really???? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SDenae
on 2/17/16 10:07 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

I was simply saying that, instead of GAINING weight and potentially doing more harm to her health to get a surgery that she doesn't qualify for, why not give the WLS diet a try first. I got/get the impression that the OP thinks that having this surgery is going to solve the problem. I was making the point that it is not a magic pill.

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/16 9:51 am

Surgery is not a magic pill.. We know that. If you care to read her original post - she mentioned she lost and regain 100 lbs many times... that seams to me like she tried the diet more than one or 2 or even 3 times.   Just because someone does not have health complication and are barely "there"  ode snot meat they need to go an another diet yet again. If just diets work 0- most of us would not be here...

I used to be fat very healthy girl.. with BMI at 37 -38 for years... and the only reason I did not dip above 40 because I worked on it like  mad person for ever,.. until my body said "no more weight loss, no matter what you do..." How do you know she is not there now? 

I gain weight by stop bothering with trying not to gain... eating like a normal person eats.. in no time I got over 40 BMI.. but I was self pay.. so I was not trying to make my insurance to pay for it... 

At the same token I could ask you - why didn't you try the diet route?  why did you allow yourself to get where you were ? why didn't you see the signs before? why didn't you go on a diet before your weight reached the high point and you developed diabetes?  you know that did not happen overnight.. 

I don't promote WLS. I personally am against RNY... because of my complications... but i wonder... if i had that done years before - before my body got damaged to the point of no return - would I be better now? I'll never know...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/7/16 9:25 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I don't understand your second sentence. If following the post op plan didn't work for you & for the majority of people here b4 wls why suggest it to her now? I'm sure people telling you to lose the weight on your own rather than have surgery must've irritated you just a little bit, why suggest it to people seeking wls? 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active