First appointment tomorrow

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 3/8/16 10:26 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Looking forward to my first appointment tomorrow at noon at surgeons office. Its only with I believe a physician assistant. 1.5 hour drive... They said its only like a 25 minute appointment.

I have a big list of questions I am going to run through and get answers, then ask again with the surgeon. Check their stories ;)

Still believe VSG is the surgery for me over RNY.

tonya2741
on 3/8/16 10:35 am

Good luck tomorrow, Chris! Keep us in the loop!

HW: 246; VGS: 11/23/15 Dr. Joel Sebastien; SW: 226; GW: 130; CW: 166  

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Karen Lamb 

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/8/16 10:55 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Good luck Chris, hopefully you'll find the correct doc and the answers that feel right for you.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/16 3:40 pm - CA

Good Luck, Chris!    Keep us updated, please! 

Nik

Terri Ott Norris
on 3/9/16 1:20 pm - Livermore, CA
RNY on 07/18/17

Good Luck Chris!

Have a Blessed Day....

BLOG: www.sweattodaysmiletomorrowcom.wordpress.com

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 3/10/16 6:22 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Appointment went well. 

The PA was nice. I asked a good amount of questions, but he also kind of provided answers for a lot of them just discussing the process.

Was weighed immediately being called back... 307. BMI of 44

I explained that I'm thinking VSG but wanted to get their input as to which surgery would be best. He explained that based on my lack of comorbidites and no diabetes, and not a terrible terrible amount of weight to lose, he would recommend VSG over RNY. Thats the same thought process i've had

I've been spending a lot of time looking thru this forum for VSG members who have both lost a lot of weight and kept it off, and that seem to lead active lifestyles (I already work out 4-5 days a week). 

Still leaning that way :)

Meet with surgeon on the 22nd.

PA said that surgeries are scheduled out until about the end of April... its incredible that I could so soon be having my new life surgery.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views