7 nights with CPAP and realized I no longer have horrid heartburn and reflux!!

kyhmm72
on 4/1/16 8:24 am
RNY on 06/14/16

As I still struggle to adjust to CPAP therapy, which I feel is going fair, I realized this morning that my heartburn and reflux has disappeared!!  No complaints!!  Anyone else experience this??

I go back to the psychologist and psychiatrist next week to see if my anxiety and stress have decreased enough to be approved for surgery.  I'm hoping and praying that I have managed to achieve this.

I did get a letter with the results from my stress test and cardiac PET scan and a handwritten note from my cardiologist that said "Your results are acceptable. You are cleared for surgery!" I really think she's as excited as I am.

Happy Friday everyone!

~Helen

Lap band - 8/2003
SW: 345
Lap band removed - 8/2013

RNY - 6/14/2016
SW: 315

BarneyRubble
on 4/1/16 11:58 am - Greenbelt, MD
On April 1, 2016 at 3:24 PM Pacific Time, kyhmm72 wrote:

As I still struggle to adjust to CPAP therapy, which I feel is going fair, I realized this morning that my heartburn and reflux has disappeared!!  No complaints!!  Anyone else experience this??

I go back to the psychologist and psychiatrist next week to see if my anxiety and stress have decreased enough to be approved for surgery.  I'm hoping and praying that I have managed to achieve this.

I did get a letter with the results from my stress test and cardiac PET scan and a handwritten note from my cardiologist that said "Your results are acceptable. You are cleared for surgery!" I really think she's as excited as I am.

Happy Friday everyone!

~Helen

kyhmm72,

Yep! My heartburn & acid reflux disappeared once I got adjusted to my CPAP system. It took some trial&error with CPAP masks to find what worked for me (ended up with a Fisher & Paykel Forma Full-Face mask that has worked well for years after trying just about everything else). 

BarneyRubble

kyhmm72
on 4/1/16 12:25 pm
RNY on 06/14/16

I really feel like I've gotten lucky.  I can't handle the thought of something completely over my face, and when I went to pick up my CPAP, the RN told me that Respironics had recently come out with DreamWear.  Hose is at the top of my head, and there's nothing covering my face and nothing going up my nose.  I'm handling it pretty well so far, and absolutely thrilled to death that the heartburn and reflux are gone!!!

TrulyPhoenix
on 4/2/16 6:33 pm - Calgary, Canada

I did notice that my heartburn went away, but I just figured it was due to changing my diet... never even thought of it being from my BiPap! That DreamWear mask was recommended to me a few months back, but the headgear wouldn't stay in place for me so I went back to my Mirage Micro which fits me perfectly.  I've been really lucky too, only took about 15 minutes for me to get use to my machine the first night and that was 2.5 years ago... I actually really like it, but I'm hoping by this time next year I won't even need it anymore :)

Most Active