Center of Excellence

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/12/16 5:20 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

so, I'm confused... I just started to read through the post from the deactivated member about COE. I saw on my surgeons page and in his office COE documents, but I figured I should look him up. I dont find anything?

http://www.drwizman.com/paul-wizman.html

His page has the emblem on several areas, but when I go to http://www.surgicalreview.org/locate/ice/locate-bariatric-ce nter-of-excellence/ neither him nor the hospital come up. In fact, the list is pretty small for Florida.

What are yalls thoughts?

Terri70
on 4/12/16 6:21 am

I don't find any on that website for my area and I know there are at least 2.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/12/16 6:23 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Interesting... I emailed the office coordinator just inquiring about it

This is the first "flag" thats come up. Even looking on website or ASMBS I still feel like my surgeon is the best that I've got local (local being

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/12/16 6:56 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I checked and my dr shows the Center for Excellence gold sticker on his website, but his practice does not come up on the SRC website.  I know I saw the emblem at the hosp also and I don't see it listed on the SRC website either.  I don't know which is out of date, but I would certainly check.  I go in to my surg's office next week for a Support Group Meeting and I will ask and let you know.

Sharon

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/12/16 9:44 am
RNY on 08/05/19

A "center of excellence" graphic must be placed manually on a website and does not update if/when accreditation or certifications expire. Don't rely on their website.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/12/16 7:24 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Definitely check your insurance or call them, especially if you or someone under your ins wants to get wls. Apparently some ins policies require you to go to a coe. The op deacitvated when people tried to tell her if that's what her ins requires there was little she could do to get them to change their mind.

I also have Cigna out of NY & I don't remember if I had to go to a coe to get my surgery, but I went to one anyway figuring they had higher standards. It was listed on my ins website.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/12/16 7:40 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I am self pay :\

Laura in Texas
on 4/12/16 8:05 am

If you are self-pay and you are confident in your surgeon after doing the research, does it matter? I think they have to jump through a lot of hoops and plenty of red tape to get the official designation. It does not mean it is a bad surgeon if he is not on the list.

Personally, it would not bother me if my surgeon were not on the list.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/12/16 8:06 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

It doesnt, but then it also makes me wonder. If a company/surgeon is advertising they ARE something they are not, then ethically and what not I do kind of have an issue. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/12/16 9:45 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Absolutely possible that they have not updated their marketing materials (brochures, website, etc.) if their accreditation or certification status has changed.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1449 views