Biggest Loser Winner gains back the weight

Deanna798
on 4/28/16 1:16 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/28/16 3:21 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

OMG, me too.  

she's living my worst fear.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Spencerella
on 4/28/16 3:41 pm, edited 4/28/16 10:36 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Oh boy that's tough. Having lost 100 lbs four times myself  and how terrible it's been to regain it three times, I can only imagine how difficult it is for her to do that in such a public way.  I detest that show because it's just not what real life is like. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/28/16 5:49 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

So true, the show is one thing, real life totally different. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/16 7:14 pm, edited 4/28/16 12:18 pm - CA

This is one reason when I see people say XXX lbs gone forever, I want to say NO!  It's not gone forever, at any point we can experience regain.  Life happens, death happens, hormones happen and everything tied to any of those can effect your weight, even just a little.  Just like an alcoholic, we can fall off "the wagon" and have regain.  

I feel for her and my heart goes out to her. I know what she is going through. I am 15 years post op and have had regain in the last two years. Enough, that I know I have a hard road ahead of me, but I also know I have a tool that will help me.  I hope people will support her and not bash her, any of us can experience the same. It is how we deal with it, that matters.  

I am thankful for this website and this community, I hope she finds support and embraces it, to get back on track!  

zann50
on 4/29/16 12:01 pm
On April 29, 2016 at 2:14 AM Pacific Time, Nik_H wrote:

This is one reason when I see people say XXX lbs gone forever, I want to say NO!  It's not gone forever, at any point we can experience regain.  Life happens, death happens, hormones happen and everything tied to any of those can effect your weight, even just a little.  Just like an alcoholic, we can fall off "the wagon" and have regain.  

I feel for her and my heart goes out to her. I know what she is going through. I am 15 years post op and have had regain in the last two years. Enough, that I know I have a hard road ahead of me, but I also know I have a tool that will help me.  I hope people will support her and not bash her, any of us can experience the same. It is how we deal with it, that matters.  

I am thankful for this website and this community, I hope she finds support and embraces it, to get back on track!  

^^^^^all the above is why I am unable to completely donate ALL my bigger size clothes. No, I never intend to regain.....but stuff happens.  I am in my 65th week post op and still do not feel so-so completely confident that "it" is all in the past.  Yep, I've read ALL the posters who claim this is negative behavior.  So happy for you folks...just not feeling it yet.  Losing 140lbs hasn't made me feel that secure

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/30/16 7:41 am

My initial goal was size 12 or below.  At one point to got down to size 4.  Size 4 did not last long. But ...long enough for me to realized I don't want to regain past size 12. So I kept some clothes size 12 or L. A few XL - that can be worn anyway - I.e jackets, sweaters... Some that I can alter to be my current size.  Than I got rid of everything else bigger than that.  It was 2 years post op.  But I also hated most of my "larger" items 

At that time I made a comitmemt to myself not to get past (curent) size 12.  And I kept that. Currently I wear size 6-8-10..(sizes are crazy) . 

I still buy things in trift stores, eBay - so I had to get rid of bigger clothes. And since from year to year I can still wear my last year clothes... My wardrobe is increasing... No space... Lol.. 

You will get that... One day... Be live in yourself. If it is a security blanket - keep the best looking and quality larger outfits. Put them in storage bins. Lock them in the attic.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/29/16 5:35 am, edited 4/28/16 10:50 pm

Most of us have been there. Work out and diet. Lose 80-100 lbs and then regain... Rinse and repeat. 

That why I had WLS.. Last resort. 

With the money she made - hope she saved enough to get VSG.  Just saying. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

brownblonde
on 4/29/16 7:58 am

Totally agree.  I've seen some of my obese relatives repeat this cycle.  And I feel bad for feeling so cynical thinking they are just going to lose the weight only to regain it.  But I guess what I really feel is that I wish that their labors stood some chance of bearing fruit and weren't all futile.  But the statistics for people with 75+lbs. to lose weight and keep it off are disgustingly low, like 2%.  Even though we know there is still an unfortunate statistic associated with regain after WLS (my OH support group quoted 40-50% will regain...what amount, I did not ask), at least there is a fighting chance.  I appreciate their desire to work hard, I just wi**** was invested in something that gave them a fighting chance.  Maintenance after WLS is still work.  It's just more manageable.

chassibi
on 4/29/16 9:14 am

I remember watching that show the season she was on. This is a terrible reminder that this is a lifelong process.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1355 views