fear of gaining

nashbeer
on 4/30/16 7:26 pm
with

I had my sleve done on 4-13-2015  my weight was 487lbs as of 4-30-2016 my weight is 190lbs sounds great but afraid to eat more

sheriberi29
on 5/1/16 4:00 am - Cleveland, TN

It sounds like your doing great. You didn't say why you are afraid to eat more? Do you feel you are beginning to eat more or differently than you have been while losing? 

Banded 6/9/09 HW 242 LW 142 Revision 198 m 1 loss 16 lbs 182. M 2 loss 4 lbs 178. M3 loss 6 lbs 174.m4 loss 4 lbs 168. M5 gain 2 lbs 170. M6 loss 7 lbs 163 M7 loss 5 lbs 159 M8 loss 1 lb 158 M9 loss 0 M10 155 loss 3 M11 154 loss 1 M12 loss 2 152 M13 loss 3 149 M16, 17 0 loss M 18 loss 4 lbs 145 (18 months 53 lbs)

Laura in Texas
on 5/1/16 5:24 am

Are you at goal? If not, you should not be eating more at this point. I think fear is a good thing. I know my fear of regain keeps me on-track 7+ years after my weight loss surgery.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/1/16 8:59 am

I am 8 years post op. I am scared of gaining. I weigh myself often.   If I see gain - I try to adjust me eating. Eating less never worked for me. But eating the right food - dense proteins, less carbs, no starchy carbs, very little fruits - really does work. 

Dense proteins combined with good fat, and non starchy veggies and my volume restriction is back to full force. 

But carbs - I can eat and eat and eat... And eat some more... And gain weight why I still feel hungry. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/1/16 11:43 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

First congrats on the weight loss. A little fear goes a long way. R U at goal & starting maintenance? Having a plan to transition over would be a good idea & maybe it'll ease your fears just a bit.

I haven't reached maintenance so all I can suggest is take a look at what you've been eating this past week & see if you're still losing, if so then add a hundred calories in the form of veggies & protein & maybe 1 fruit. Check again, see if you're still losing or maintaining or gaining. 

You'll have to play around with the numbers till you find your maintenance number.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/16 2:36 pm

Incredible weight loss. Congratulations. Just up your calories by a few and try that for a while and see what happens. I can understand how it could be scarey after working so hard to lose so much. Plus if you are like the rest of us every other time you have lost weight it has come back...BUT this time you have a tool. Does your Dr or Nut have any advice on switching from weight loss mode to maintenance? Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/16 6:33 pm

Great job! I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am the same way. I will not even taste anything as I cook. I have my daughter taste for me. I empathize totally with you.

I have no advice on this. I only wanted to show my admiration for your accomplishment.

Have you considered before and after photos? Mine helped me to understand that I do look different now, It made it okay to have 3 oz. of meat instead of 2 oz. at meals.

Ginapink
on 5/2/16 8:25 pm

I had gastric bypass February 27th 2007 Los a hundred and fifty-four pounds as of today I gaind 43 back which is kind of normal my surgeon said I went back to nutritionist and and back taking the Adipex which is working really good I don't eat alot but I drink wine and I think that's the problem so on that note I gotta cut that down you'll be just fine

Most Active