Hydroxycut pre op?

Nanab123
on 5/4/16 9:55 am
RNY on 06/21/16

So I needed help losing weight pre-op so I started taking Hydroxycut my surgery is about over a month away and I'm wondering should I stop taking the Hydroxycut or is it okay to take it so I can continue losing weight pre-op?

Deanna798
on 5/4/16 11:03 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I would definitely ask your surgeon's office.  There may be something in the product that can be detrimental to you around the surgery and I wouldn't take any chances with it without knowing for sure.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

LizTlilwitchy
on 5/4/16 12:59 pm - Cincinnati, OH
VSG on 05/06/16

I second that.  You should definitely ask you Surgeon.  I have been taking Vitamin E for my Fatty Liver Disease, and my Surgeon had me stop taking that over a week ago before my surgery coming up this Friday.  I wouldn't have thought something as innocuous as Vitamin E would be off the list, but it was.  I also have other Medicines and Vitamins that I had to stop prior.  I made sure to ask my Surgeon first, because I did not want to do anything to jeopardize my health or my upcoming surgery appointment.  Best wishes for you on your surgery!

Liz T

5'7" HW: 280, Pre-Op:280, SW:262, M1:-24, M2: In Progress, CW:238  Surgery: VSG on 5/06/16

"Do it until you want to do it."  "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~ Maya Angelou

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/4/16 1:52 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I agree with the others in checking with your Dr, the stimulants or whatever else is in there he may not want you to have with your surgery coming up.

I tried hydroxycut in the past on one of my many diets & I didn't notice anything either in weight loss or having more energy. I did notice my wallet getting lighter though lol  Those bad boys are expensive!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Eggface
on 5/5/16 10:03 am - Sunny Southern, CA

You'd be better off asking your Dr to prescribe Optifast which has some evidence-based studies on it's effectiveness. Supplements like the one you mentioned are not subject to FDA approval, the sources of the ingredients are sometimes questionable, years ago they had some stuff in one of their products that caused liver damage... since removed but they don't have to prove safety until something happens.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Valerie G.
on 5/6/16 9:30 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It was snake oil like that which led me to wls in the first place.  Talk about a waste of money.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active