Stay on the path Gary!

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/16 11:54 am

Each morning almost at the break of dawn, I start my morning with a pre everyone else waking up walk. It's about 3/4 of a mile each way.

I walk through a thick group of 150 foot tall pine trees on a narrow path, it opens up to a beautiful meadow with a path going right down the center until it hits a river that runs with rapids. At dawn, it's one of the best spots in my world. The sun hits the river and it's so beautiful it's staggering.

Anyway, back to the "path". As I walk from the trees opening, into the meadow, I always hear two separate families of birds, *****side on opposite sides of meadows boundaries. They live in holes in the ground, and are ALWAYS chirping like crazy at each other angrily. I think to myself, "how could these birds be so pissed at the others clan in such a beautiful surrounding." So sad.

So then I tell my wife about this occurrence when I get home. "It's crazy" I say, "these birds have NO DAMN reason to behave with such hostility". "They get to live in a beautiful dewy meadow, by a great river". "NO EXCUSE!"

My wonderful, gentle  wife then had to SIT me down to inform me that, the reason that these birds were so pissed. Was because every morning, some bonehead with striped legwarmers belonging to his wife, singing "Rodgers and Hammerstein" at stupid thirty. Comes busting into their front yard and stomps his big gorilla ass to the stream. THAT'S why they're so pissed!

I'll try "The Beatles" today, they can't hate John and Paul right?

Kathy S.
on 5/5/16 12:09 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Can't wait to meet your wife    I bet as you walk your walk in the morning you say to yourself "it's a good day to be alive"!  LOL, you should get a bird call and they will really be pissed because they think you are moving in.  There goes the neighborhood 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/16 4:40 pm

The Salvation Army holds it's National conference down that way. I cannot wait to see my cousins in La Puente and Riverside.

You guys get citrus everywhere, but we get wild blackberries everywhere. I should arrange a swap with some of them. Oh yeah, we get raspberries and marionberries too. NONE of which, I eat! But, the wife and kids eat all of the fruit they want.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/5/16 12:18 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I vote for Disney princess songs. You would make a fabulous Snow White!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/16 4:43 pm

If I could get to like 150, I could fit in my wife's dresses from past Halloweens. I can already do all of the damn songs anyway. 

Cheryl Denomy
on 5/6/16 8:16 am - Oshawa, Canada

If that happens, I want to see you in a Julie-Andrews-as-novitate-Maria outfit, twirling your brains out while belting "The Hills Are Alive".

Do a video and it's practically guaranteed to go viral.

Have a great weekend!

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/16 10:35 am

DO NOT TEMPT ME WOMAN!!

pammieanne
on 5/5/16 12:37 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I like the bird call idea... 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

lking
on 5/5/16 1:00 pm, edited 5/5/16 5:59 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

Some of us aren't morning birds.  They may be night owls...probably not morning doves.  It's probably your joyful singing that gets under their wings and angers them.  

I would so love to meet your wife!  She's my kind of sarcastic smartarse, just like me.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/16 4:55 pm

She's my best buddy. She's like that song you can't get out of your head. She always smells like roses. 17 years of marriage and 2 years of courting, I have NO idea how she always smells like roses. Or, maybe the roses just smell like her.

When we first met, she asked me to dance on our first meeting. In payless shoes. I was buying my niece shoes for her birthday, she was buying shoes to go dancing in later that night with ladies from her office. "Excuse me, would you dance with me for a sec?" I feel in love with her on sight. I stood in Payless staring at her dancing around me, laughing. It was the sound I wanted to be the soundtrack of my life. Her sound.

I honestly can't describe what it is I feel for her. It's whatever is on the other side of love, it's beyond that. I am. Because of her.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1232 views