Has anyone tighten sagging skin?

crob50
on 5/9/16 4:38 pm
with

I have a saggy butt and it's driving me nuts.  I am having surgery on my neck. I knew it would not go back.  I am one year post-op.

Darcy G.
on 5/9/16 5:49 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Are you doing any booty-building exercises? Something that builds the glutes might help some?

So says the person whose butt has only started to get saggy. I still have enough pounds to lose to imagine how it will turn into a waterfall of flesh, but optimistically picture myself doing squats and stairmaster-types of bootycise to build it up some...

:)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

G2GAWAY
on 5/9/16 11:26 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Waterfall of flesh is an accurate description.  But it is better than the alternative.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/9/16 7:37 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Sadly sagging skin is damaged skin, you can't tighten it up, you can only either get plastics to get rid of it, or maybe fill it with muscle so that it doesn't look so saggy. Try doing those exercise that target the butt, it might make it look a little better.

I have a pancake ass lol, but I hate squats. Ouch..

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/16 4:47 am

There are so many millions of variations of squats out there, with and without weights that you can try.  I have been able to work wonders by years, and I mean YEARS of dedication and hard work in the gym.  It can be done!

Teena D.
on 5/10/16 5:24 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

So you've been able to tighten up some of your excess skin?

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

NYMom222
on 5/10/16 6:02 am
RNY on 07/23/14

It's impossible to tighten excess skin by anything we do..., sometimes because of genetics it will look better over time. If you fill it with muscle instead of fat it can look better.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/10/16 7:47 am
RNY on 08/05/19

We have extra skin because it's grown around our fat. Once it's there, it's more or less there to stay. Beefing up the muscles underneath can make the skin a bit less saggy, but the only way to truly get rid of it is to have surgery.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/16 8:30 am

90% of it, yes...and that was from like I said, years of hard work in the gym, studying as much as I can about nutrition and what foods to eat to burn fat/build muscle and sticking to my plan (most of the time).  I have a small amount of skin in my arms but it is still tightening up even after all this time.  I had a flap of skin removed from my belly because it was literal skin just hanging there (no fat to burn), but other than that, through hard work, it can most certainly come off.

Teena D.
on 5/11/16 5:50 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

That's great to know.  I really like to exercise- especially strength training- Beachbody's 21 day fix is one of my favourite programs.  Sore joints and low energy and excuses mean I'm not that consistent.  I'm getting back in to it and know I need to be very diligent when I have my surgery.  I'm not expecting miracles but would like to know that some of it will tighten up. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active