T minus 10 days

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/16/16 10:18 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Welp. Its getting close, and theres nothing in my way anymore.

Surgeons office has called and said they received all my preop clearances, and that the next time the lady sees/talks to me will be for my follow up appointment after surgery :) 

Last Thursday was a preop class about what to expect in hospital (held by head bariatric nurse on staff) and some basic stuff about when to stop/start taking medicines before and after surgery by the surgeons PA. Also paid for the surgery and signed up for Bliss after surgery care. In the event that something would happen and need to stay in hospital more/again, or more surgeries, this would cover the costs.

Now just to focus on my preop diet and count down the days.

thanks everyone for support and your time answering questions I've had 

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Kathy S.
on 5/16/16 11:00 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Chris,

We are so excited for you!  I bet you thought the day would never come    Here are some links for suggestions in getting ready for your surgery. We hope they help!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/photographing-your-weigh t-loss-surgery-journey/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/weight-loss-surgery-hosp tial-stay-what-to-pack/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/four-on-the-floor-self-c are-after-weight-loss-surgery/

We can't wait to hear from you post-op!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/16/16 11:25 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Thanks :) I've read those but just reread again. Appreciate the links you have handy for all of us : 

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/16 1:30 pm

Seems like the day will never come but the last few days go fast as you make sure everything is taken care of for when you come home and of course for your hospital stay. Then all you have to do is heal, sip, walk, heal, sip, walk. Not long and the scale will start moving, your clothes with get loose and best of all your health will improve and you will feel so much better. Good luck we will all be waiting for your post surgery posts.

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/16 4:31 pm

I felt, and still feel like it was like being on a rowboat with no oars to steer on a fast river. I know I'm heading toward a waterfall, I can hear the roar of the water......I still get chill's. 

It all will go by in a whisper of time. I hope you post often during your honeymoon. It will help others to see your progress. It's great you're going through with this Chris.

Good Luck and prayers going out for you and yours. 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/16/16 5:44 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I appreciate that, Gary. Thank you

MassHockey
on 5/17/16 2:28 am

Good luck.  And congrats on your decision to do this!!

you'll do great.  Get up and walk as soon as youre able.  Then walk as often as they'll let you.

Most Active