Trying So Hard To Be Patient

Petetrox
on 5/16/16 11:56 am

A couple of weeks ago I wrote to say I was denied by my insurance.  My surgeons office and PCP were quick to get the appeal sent back a week ago and now we wait.  Usually I am the calm in the storm of emotions...for others, but this time I am a wreck.  In my head, I know it has only been a few days and they have up to 30 days for the decision, but my mind is only on the decision of the appeal doctor. 

Has anyone initially been denied and upon appeal, been denied again?  This is controlling my life.  I have everything so ready (hospital bag packed, affairs in order, thoroughly cleaned my house, planned meals, sampled protein options, gotten the liquid forms of my medications).  I just need to hear that I am approved and get a date.

Thank you for any words of encouragement.  They are desperately needed now.

Oh and I lost 5 lbs. at my 90 day pre op weigh in

HW 330

Surgery 7/21/16

ks_girl
on 5/16/16 12:50 pm
RNY on 06/24/16

I'm so sorry you are going through this with your insurance. I was initially denied but approved after appeal so I know what it's like to wait for insurance. I sure hope your approval comes soon and way to go on losing 5 lbs!! Good for you!! 

Petetrox
on 5/16/16 12:55 pm

Thank you k's. I can be ever so supportive to others but need a little reassurance from time to time,

HW 330

Surgery 7/21/16

ladygodiva1228
on 5/16/16 1:14 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Just so you know I spent almost a year fighting Cigna for my revision.  I was denied 3 times even with a peer to peer and then it went to the national appeals unit.  After that I was finally approved.  I know its tough, but hang in there it will happen.  

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Petetrox
on 5/16/16 3:04 pm

Thank you lady.  I am dealing with Cigna now.  The appeal went directly to the National Appeal Board so I hope this won't be drawn out for an entire year.  Arggghhh!

HW 330

Surgery 7/21/16

Kathy S.
on 5/16/16 2:50 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

It should not be this hard to get healthy.  Congrats on the 5 pound lost!  I didn't have an issue with WLS but my plastics were a fight and I didn't give up and finally they approved it.  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Petetrox
on 5/16/16 3:06 pm

Thanks Kathy!  I hope they will decide to do the right thing and approve so I can be on the loser's bench soon.

HW 330

Surgery 7/21/16

Darcy G.
on 5/16/16 5:39 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I also had an initial denial and approval upon appeal, but it really messes with you, so don't feel badly about having a hard time dealing with it.

We have to do so much to get approved, and then to be told no... after you've been so good and put in the work and put so much of your hope for health onto it... the denial is heartbreaking.

Fingers crossed that they pull their heads out of their rear-ends quickly and approve you.

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Petetrox
on 5/16/16 5:45 pm

Thank you so much Darcy. I am so tempted to call the insurance but I did on Friday so I feel like I. Should wait.

HW 330

Surgery 7/21/16

Darcy G.
on 5/16/16 5:51 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I might wait a couple days to be nice, but I also feel like there's some truth to the squeaky wheel saying... You know?

Are they usually pretty quick with responses? Mine actually came pretty quick, so I didn't have a long torturous wait... it just FELT like an eternity!

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1378 views