Thursday *****fest

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/19/16 9:46 am
RNY on 08/05/19

***** (/biCH/): noun, informal. To express displeasure; grumble.

What's on your mind, OH? Incompetent coworkers? Obnoxious neighbors? Clueless significant other? Pissed off by world events? Keeping it inside is unhealthy.

Put on your big-kid panties and let it all out!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

on 5/19/16 9:54 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Here's mine:

• Employee evaluations. This is my first time as a manager, and I have to do everyone's annual review. Two employees are awesome, so it's totally easy. One employee is pretty good but screws up once in a while. The fourth has had some Major Fail moments and needs a serious talking-to. This is hard because I'm not assertive and generally don't want to feel bad, so I'm worried it will be rough.

• Daycare germs. My 6-month-old has a few boogers, but my husband and I have had gnarly chest colds and have been coughing up hairballs since Monday, since "sharing is caring" and daycare spreads the plague. I'm glad my son likes being there, but I could do without the cold!

• My hair. I've been growing it out from a pixie cut since November 2013, and I can finally get in into a ponytail, but the pieces on the side are JUST short enough that they don't stay in the rubber band and keep falling into my face. I've got headbands to hold everything in place, but I feel kind of dorky.

Deanna798
on 5/19/16 9:55 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Oh, I hate that when your hair is almost long enough for a hair band!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/19/16 10:23 am, edited 5/19/16 3:23 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Thats tough, at least the first one. I cant relate to 2 or 3 :P

The way I have been brought up from my father, is there are A, B, or C employees. A's you want to keep. Theyre the ones that are self motivated, excel and look to help the company. B employees are some what motivated, will do what you ask and more or less have no major flaws. C employees are the toxic ones... They are not self motivated, generally wont finish assignments completely, etc. In perfect worlds, C employees cant stay within an organization. They slow down growth and development in various ways. 

Its hard to manage them, and even harder to let them go. Fortunately (and unfortunately) my company does not hold on to C employees. B's have a hard time, as well. Its unfortunate because its always sad to see an employee lose their job... Its not a personal thing, its just management has an obligation to the company in that it must ensure long term success and longevity. Its obligations arent to the individual employees, per se. I hope that makes sense :)

I tried to google some information to provide on the whole A, B, C stuff but was actually having a hard time. I even learned about it in college, so Im surprised lol

Also, I'm not saying to let the person go. Just to think about their (all employees you're responsible for) place in the organization... Friendship/relationship aside. Its tough to do.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

on 5/19/16 11:37 am
RNY on 08/05/19

That's a really good way to think about it, thanks so much! :)

Lisa09
on 5/20/16 7:22 pm, edited 5/20/16 12:22 pm - NH

I think Jack Welch talks about those 3 different types of employees.

HW: 280 SW: 270. CW: 190. Goal: 140

Lap Band: 10/2007 Insurance Approval: 10/19/15 Revision to RNY: 11/2/15

Preop -10 M1 -26  M2 -19  M3 -10  M4 -11  M5 -3  M5  -4  M6 .. Too tired to do the math, but slow

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/20/16 7:39 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Yup he definitely does. Just wasn't sure anyone would know who that was :P but that's probably just my generation 

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

mute
on 5/19/16 12:34 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I've been there on the hair thing and I can totally relate, so annoying!!

The other ones I have no experience with lol.

SkinnyScientist
on 5/19/16 4:02 pm

Headbands ARENT dorky. If you look at the pro basketball, baseball and soccer chicks, they all sport those under-armour headband WITH a ponytail and sometimes EVEN A PONYTAIL that is braided.

You are a bad-ass sporty chick with that headband on.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

on 5/20/16 7:50 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Oh I have no trouble with a headband when I'm out walking or on my bike... it's just a little weird when I'm at the office. I love my "PEDAL 'TIL YOU PUKE" headband, but it's kind of weird when you're a data geek! :-p

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1456 views