Best protein shake Ever!!! Had to share...

Texas Girl
on 5/19/16 3:04 pm

Hey... got to share... I just made the Best Protein Shake in my Nutri-bullet -blender... I hope someone else tries it!

1 cup unsweetened Almond milk

1 serving of Quest strawberry whey powder protein

1/2 cup frozen Dole strawberry/banana fruit

Blend.... get a spoon...

thick and Yummy and all mine.... Better than a milkshake and totally legal for me to enjoy..

hope you try it!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/19/16 3:46 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

It sounds delicious.

However, this would be way too many carbs for me.  Dole Strawberry Banana fruit has 90 calories and 22 g of carbs per 140 g. serving (which is about 2/3 of a cup).  

Glad it works for you, however.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Deanna798
on 5/19/16 4:04 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I got the Banana cream Quest the other day and had one with unsweetened almond milk with a sit of sugar free torani chocolate syrup. I don't like mine icy. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

SkinnyScientist
on 5/19/16 4:21 pm

I freeze mine too.

So this dole stuff. Is it chunky frozen fruit or did they manage to mess it up with lots of fruit juices/sugar water.

I am curious. I am not going to diss your food choices. I have PCOS so I have to watch the carbs like they are money.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/19/16 6:44 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I don't believe they've added sugar, but it's banana heavy (since that's the cheeper ingredient) which accounts for the high sugar/carb count.  There is ascorbic acid added, which I assume is for the preservative value.  

The bags are 14 oz (less than 2 cups) but the nutrition count is in grams.  Since there are 3 servings per 14 oz bag, that means that a serving is a little under 2/3 of a measured cup.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/19/16 6:54 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I think its the banana moreso than the strawberries that I think is driving up the carb count, probably banana flavoring might keep it tasty & lower the carb/calorie count.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

The Salty Hag
on 5/19/16 4:44 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Awesome. You're lucky you can eat fruit. Fruit and I do not get along, unfortunately. 

Just a caveat for newbies: this really isn't a good choice with the fruit, but once you're at goal, it would be fine as an occasional treat. Too much fruit could potentially slow weight loss. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/20/16 4:40 am

Adding more fat instead of carbs not only works better for me, but also prevents RH and cravings. 

I would add natural flavoring and 1/2 Avocado instead of fruits. 

I eat fruits, but mostly berries. Once a week or so.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/20/16 9:15 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Is avocado good in smoothies? I've never tried it.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/20/16 9:24 am

It is very good, unless you hate avocado. It can make a smoothie really thick. so start with 1/4 of one.. and increase. It can thicken the "drink" as times goes.. so add to a drink - drink it- then the next one - try adding more - or less...

i love it for making salad dressings... 

or fudgesicles... thick and creamy...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."