About to have a behavioral moment!!!!

CMR1075
on 5/24/16 5:52 am
VSG on 01/15/16

WTH!!! In the last 5 weeks I have only lost 4 lbs ----- FOUR!!!! If fact, the last 3 weeks the scale hasn't budged. I don't get it and I am so annoyed. I get on the scale every damn day for it to say the same frigen number. It's honestly putting me in a bad mood. I keep thinking I'm losing my hair for this??!?!?!?! Looking at my past posts, I've had nothing but issues with stalls. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG  According to my NUT, I'm making all the right food choices, taking my vitamins, and upped my water intake. Yeah I'm down 46 lbs in 4 months which I never could have done before the surgery but this is just discouraging and was hoping for more at this point. UGH

Ok, gonna stop whining now lol. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/16 6:56 am
ReShape on 10/30/16

We've all hit plateau's along the way. Just keep following the program and the scale will begin to move downward. If it does drag on

without moving then check to make sure your getting all your protein and water in. Eating 5-6 small meals a day is what really worked 

for me with making the last meal no later than 7:00. If you do need a snack later make it jello or something along those lines.

Just stay positive and keep doing all the right things and you'll see your success and reach your goals. 

Good luck!!!! Rich  

White Dove
on 5/24/16 7:01 am - Warren, OH

Weight loss surgery does not make the weight come off faster than dieting.  It just gives a tool to keep the weight off after you lose it.  It will take about a year to reach your goal and you will have to keep on track to do that.  Daily weighing is excellent. 

As weight goes down, then it takes less calories to maintain and less calories to continue losing.  Track everything and see where your calories are.  The first six months are usually the ones where you drop the most weight.  After six months, a pound a week is excellent for most of us.  It took me 18 months to get to my final goal. 

Just stick to your program and the weight will come off.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 5/24/16 7:10 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I'm ~18 mo out - here's what worked:

First, sorry about your stall - they suck.  But all you can control is being 100% compliant to your post-op plan.  The weight will go away, but never as fast as any of us want.  I prob had stalls, but never knew it because I only weighed at the dr's office for several months - I did not have a scale until about 4 months out. 

1 - Once I got a scale and until I reached goal wt - I only weigh 1/week.  I am a numbers person and long term, you may only lose 23 pounds a week, and just variability in water retention can mask a good fat loss.  Daily weighs in would have driven me crazy, so I waited until I knew I would have good news.  Now, I do weight 2-3 times a week.

2- Write what you are doing down - just to make sure you are getting all your prot and fluids in. 

3-In the middle of this booklet are some ideas to break a stall.

http://evans.amedd.army.mil/ncd/PDFs/Bariatric%20Booklet.pdf  

I don't see your age, but being older does slow down wt loss. It's good that you appreciate your 46 pound wt loss - it's difficult, but stay on track and it will pick up again.  Even people not having WLS have stalls.

Sharon

hollykim
on 5/24/16 7:30 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 24, 2016 at 12:52 PM Pacific Time, CMR1075 wrote:

WTH!!! In the last 5 weeks I have only lost 4 lbs ----- FOUR!!!! If fact, the last 3 weeks the scale hasn't budged. I don't get it and I am so annoyed. I get on the scale every damn day for it to say the same frigen number. It's honestly putting me in a bad mood. I keep thinking I'm losing my hair for this??!?!?!?! Looking at my past posts, I've had nothing but issues with stalls. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG  According to my NUT, I'm making all the right food choices, taking my vitamins, and upped my water intake. Yeah I'm down 46 lbs in 4 months which I never could have done before the surgery but this is just discouraging and was hoping for more at this point. UGH

Ok, gonna stop whining now lol. 

what does your menu look like? Are you getting 64+ oz of liquid a day?

CMR1075
on 5/24/16 8:54 am
VSG on 01/15/16

No, the 64 oz of liquids is still a struggle but I'm trying. 

So I'll share what I ate yesterday, it's a pretty typical menu for me:

Breakfast - protein shake, has about 30 g of protein

Yesterday I was hungry before lunch and at almost a half of a protein bar which gave me 10 g of protein

Lunch - 4 oz homemade turkey chili with some homemade pico de gallo and a small amount of avocado on top of it. When I calculated the recipe of MyFitnessPal it said it was about 30 g of protein per serving but I think the servings are more than 4 oz according to the ground turkey package. 

Dinner - 3 oz chicken breast and some steamed stringbeans

Usually I don't eat between breakfast and lunch but yesterday I seemed to be starving around 11 am. 

Catek2652
on 5/25/16 6:29 am
RNY on 10/26/15

I wonder if you are actually eating too much? I can only compare to what I know (which is my own intake), but my pouch will not hold more than about 2.1 oz of solid food at a time. That means I can only eat about 2 oz of protein and about an ounce of vegetables. I suspect your hunger before lunch time was because the protein shakes are not solid food. If you eat solid food for breakfast (egg, cheese, meat, etc) instead of liquid, it would probably hold you better. I use a protein shake daily, but only to meet my protein requirements and I drink it around 3 p.m. so I know that I can wait until dinner at 6:30 or 7 p.m. without a problem. If I think I'm hungry between meals, it's usually because I let my water intake slip. If I drink some water and wait a few minutes, the "hunger" goes away. If it doesn't, then I will eat a tablespoon or nuts or a cheese stick.

In any case, your weight loss isn't bad at all.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

CMR1075
on 5/25/16 8:12 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Yeah the 4 oz is a bit much at lunchtime but that's where I seem to be the most hungry so I do t know. I usually don't fini**** all but I measure out that much just in case. When dinner time rolls around its a struggle to even finish an ounce or two of food. I kinda force myself though cause if I don't then I won't eat anything the rest of the night. Calorie wise I am in between 500 to 800 depending on the day.  And the 800 is rare and only if I choose a burger (bun less) or something higher in fat like that meat wise. I try to stick to chicken and leaner meats though, but sometimes I just want that half of burger ya know lol. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/24/16 7:45 am
RNY on 08/05/19

What you're "doing wrong" is expecting too much.

Surgery is not magic. We don't lose all of our weight in a day, a week, a month. After the first month or so, slow and steady is the name of the game. By the 6- or 8-month mark, an average of 4lb a week can be a Big Freakin' Deal as things slow waaaaaaay down.

Most people on the boards take a year, on average, to reach goal. A lot depends on starting BMI, goal, body composition, and the like. If you let yourself get frustrated at the four-month point, the rest of the year could be quite miserable.

Hang in there.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/24/16 8:35 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I keep telling myself that... I keep reminding myself that when I wake up from surgery on Thursday I'm still going to be fat lol

Part of me is so excited that deep in my brain I think I'm going to wake up skinny.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Most Active