Depression

danol
on 5/26/16 10:20 am - Canada

Hi all, have been trying to get this surgery set for some time. Everytime we get close another medical issue arises. Now my atrial fib has gotten worse and I am in it always now. They have done cardio vers again but fix did not hold . I am now off work till Oct but think it will be much longer. I am finding it very hard to be at home all day not being able to do much and not having anyone to fall back on . My wife is a huge support but I know this whole thing is putting a huge strain on each of us . Does anyone know of any local near Ottawa Ontario chats or groups I may look into for support.

Thanks

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/26/16 10:35 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The Ontario sub-forum is quite active, I bet the folks there would have suggestions!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

wejhead
on 5/27/16 3:44 pm - WA

Hi danol,   A-Fib was not a deal breaker for me, and I'm in it all the time again too. I take 300mg metoprolol a day. But, it did mean I had to get clearance from my cardiologist to move forward . Which, slowed the process  down. My cardio wrote a great letter with all my current and past stats. You would think the weight loss center would be able to deduce from all that info that clearance was given. He even wrote "... low risk patient". But the weight loss people wanted to actually see the word "clearance", which the cardiologist won't write due to possible liability. I understand that. No problem.

danol, just remember, we ALL have our OWN experiences along the path. The fact that yours has some more bumps on it than maybe some others do is what makes it YOUR own journey! This is why they don't tell you at first how long it will be until surgery day. Everybody does it at speed due to their own cir****tances.  Fortunatly this isn't a race. Safe and steady wins the race!  

Good luck, and above all else.  stay positive  Dean C.

Most Active