Approved by ins after only a week! Surgery is June 20th!!

April Parker
on 5/27/16 5:44 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Exactly one week ago from today they submitted everything to my insurance. I got the call today that it's a go, and I'm like whoa... This is happening! On the date I wanted! June 20th is burned into my head! Anyone else have that date?

I went out and got tiny tupperware and ice trays to freeze portion sizes in! I got a food scale, and also a small pill shaped portable snack container to take places. I already have baby spoons... my daughter is only  19 months oldso she still uses them. I also got a couple Tervis tumblers for water, but on second thought I want one thats got the measurements on it. I have a 16 and 24 oz Tervis and another kind thats 22 oz. Are there stickers that wont wash off, or should I just get a measured cup?

I have some Biotin but as far as other vitamins I'm going to wait to see what the surgeon says I need to get.

On to Eggface to get some soft food ideas! 

So excited!

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

Dikki
on 5/27/16 9:10 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 06/09/16

April!   Congratulations on getting your surgery date!   

I am in the "Whoa ... this is happening" mode right now too.   Just started my liver reduction diet - surgery is scheduled for June 9th.  I was hoping to feel cool, calm and collected all the way to the day - but not sure that is going to happen.  Excited and anxious!

The only thing I have purchased so far is new Kitty pajamas.   Seemed like a must-have item for the hospital.  I haven't thought far enough ahead yet to consider eating - just imagining drinking protein shakes.  

Dikki

April Parker
on 5/27/16 9:36 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Dikki,

I already have more than a ton of pj's.. because thats mostly all I wear around the house. LOL

I'm thinking protein shakes too but I'm too excited to not research and find ways to make these first few stages easier, lol.

April Parker
on 5/27/16 9:38 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

BTW Good luck to you and keep me posted! When is your surgery date or do you have one?

Dikki
on 5/27/16 9:49 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 06/09/16

Surgery is June 9th!  Counting it down.   You said you have a 19 month old at home ?  Boy - you are sure going to feel so much better and have more energy - happy for you.   

I'm just figuring out all the things to do on this website.  Need to add some more information - think I figured out the tracker thing.   

As for PJ's - I had lap band surgery back in 2010 and had some initial weight loss with it - but for lots of reasons (mostly my fault) - the weight loss did not continue.  The first time I requested this surgery - it was denied because insurance said I hadn't been compliant using the lap band.   I just stayed irritated for about 1.5 years and then tried an appeal - and was approved (yay!)  

Wow - I'm blabbing - on my 2 week liver shrinking diet now (does your surgeon require that?) - only 2 days into it and not whining too much !

Always interested in new recipes :)   My husband is the cook in our house - and is very enthusiastic about cooking for me.   

Dikki
on 5/27/16 9:52 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 06/09/16

Oh - At 5'1 and 267 lbs - my goal should be more like 130 - but 165 is the lowest I have been since ... well - a very long time 

April Parker
on 5/27/16 10:42 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Yes, I start my 2 week pre-op liquid (liver shrinking) diet on the 6th.  Im excited for you too! If you can, go to Eggface's blog. Shes a member on here, and she has awesome ideas for all stages.. she loves to cook and you can read all about her journey there too. Just type in eggface on google and itll pop up. :) 

My goal is 130 but I will be happy at anything under 160, as long as I have energy to play with my kids, lol. That's my whole reason for doing this. Im so tired of being tired. Too tired all the time. Kids dont need to have parents that never do anything with them. So Im doing something about it. :)

Gonna add you as a friend :)

Eggface
on 5/28/16 4:27 am, edited 5/27/16 9:27 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Aww I love it kitty PJ's!! Hey we are surgery sisters, June 20 is my surgiversary!! Wishing you the very very best!! Speedy healing!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

April Parker
on 5/28/16 8:07 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Omg Shelly hi! I'm in love with your blog, and can't wait to try all the soft food ideas! But I may not be THIS excited about it after I have my innards rearranged, lol. But as of now, that Ricotta Bake and a few others is on my grocery list. I hope my taste buds dont taste too terribly much. Or maybe I wish they would. :/ That's what got me SMO in the first place right? LOL!

Either way THANK YOU for all the energy you put into helping us... 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/29/16 6:45 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Congratulations April!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1375 views