Is the VSG a sleeve or a pouch?

seattledeb
on 6/8/16 5:13 pm

So much love you put out there. Thanks for being here for me all these years. It would appear that the OP just needs to hear his own words for now but thanks for sharing for all the others and me.

swim_bike_smile
on 6/8/16 9:26 am
RNY on 06/13/16

I think this entire thread could be an example of why my surgeon is strongly against using forums, and when I asked her about which one she liked best she said "None of them.  Don't go on them.  Come to support group, and also use the ASMBS site."  haha!  :)  

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/8/16 9:30 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Same here

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/8/16 10:44 am

Really? I've heard more misguided claptrap at support groups than I've EVER read here. Since forums blow so much why be here?

My surgeon is a great cutter, but neither he nor the majority of his staff was ever MO. So I wasn't going to sit and only listen to them. I want to interact with people who have several years of experience being successful.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/8/16 10:52 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Obviously I believe forums are worthy, which is why I'm here. I cannot answer your question on my surgeons behalf :\

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/8/16 10:58 am

I was asking that of Swimbikesmile.

swim_bike_smile
on 6/8/16 11:23 am
RNY on 06/13/16

If you have looked at my profile at all, you'd see that I've only been a member for a week.  I came here to decide for myself if it was a useful tool...   

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/8/16 11:55 am

Nope. 

April Parker
on 6/9/16 1:17 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Dont let this deter you. To me its a battle of "he thinks hes so smart and posts stuff when hes barely out a week" and then Chris trying to redeem himself - not argue for the sake of arguing- because all hes doing is sharing his experiences and he even posts disclaimers now. Ugh. How ugly people can be to newbs is saddening and discouraging. I really don't get it. Correct him in a nice way then move on. People see him different than I do but what do I know I am just a newbie which here equals a nobody.

That being said, I am still sticking around and lurking and learning. The vets have valuable advice that I want to hear and I don't want any drama that would cause them to dislike me too. I normally dont get involved in drama but I just feel bad when anyone gets jumped on. :( 

So stay. Theres definitely more good than bad stuff here. That we can all agree on. 

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/8/16 11:25 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

A forum & a support group are not 1 & the same. What works for your surgeon & his patients might not work for you, only you will know that.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1399 views