Nauseated

Gvillegas56
on 7/23/16 1:16 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I'm a year and three months post op and I can't eat any fruit or raw vegetables I can eat cooked vegetables after I eat fruit or raw vegetables I get nauseated and have throw up once or twice has this happen to anyone

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/23/16 2:00 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Have you checked in with your surgeon lately?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/16 2:38 pm - CA

I am 15 years post op and I cannot eat certain veggies or fruits that are fibrous or have a skin.  I don't get nauseous, but it does cause pain.  If I want to eat those fruits/veggies, I have to cook or peel the skin.   I'd definitely check with your surgeon on what you are experiencing.  

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/23/16 7:57 pm

It depends what it is. For years I could not eat raw carrots. More that 2 bites,no matter how well I chew them, shred them... They would almost always come back. Same with raw cabbage or broccoli. Cucumbers - I have to peel them. Same with apples. 

I gave up eating some raw veggies and fruits... I eat berries...maybe some peeled apples once in a while. The raw veggies - I can eat cucumber,avocado, some tomatoes (skin off if possible) , a few bites of pepper (a few = 3-4 small bites) rest - cooked and not that much.  Salads are not my friends,

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1477 views