And there it is...

rachelp
on 7/25/16 8:33 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I was waiting for it....

When I saw my nut a month ago she put me on a low carb diet. I've cut carbs, sugar, alcohol, sodas etc. I've lost 10 lbs so far and I start my liquid diet Wednesday. Anyway, Saturday morning my husband said "wow, I can tell you've lost wait!" I told him yes but only 10 lbs and he said... "see, you don't need surgery to lose weight." BOOM! There it is! LOL. I knew it was coming hahaha.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

White Dove
on 7/25/16 9:05 am - Warren, OH

You do not need surgery to lose weight.  You need it to keep the weight off.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

WatchKittyShrink
on 7/25/16 9:31 am
VSG on 06/15/16

That's what people tell me too. Like White Dove said, I don't need surgery to lose weight. I need it to keep it off!

rachelp
on 7/25/16 9:37 am
VSG on 08/01/16

That's exactly right and my husband knows that. He was just being a turd Lol! I was just waiting for someone to say it because someone always does!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/16 10:56 am

It's true.  I think they say it out of fear.  At least that's why I think my husband is not so supportive of me going forward with my surgery decision.  

I think ink he is scared something might go wrong, and as he said that I will never ebb joy food again.  Well enjoying food too much is what got me in this mess!!! 

Rachelp, you will do great!!! We are all behind you!!  And I'm hoping everyone will rally behind me too, when it's my turn!! 

rachelp
on 7/25/16 11:31 am
VSG on 08/01/16

My husband is a chef so he thinks I won't be able to enjoy his food but that's not true. He makes plenty of things I will be able to enjoy. However, he is happy about the healthy changes that are happening in our house. He's put on a few pounds that he wants to loose. This is a whole family life changer!

Thanks for the encouragement!! I'm definitely behind you too!

crystal M.
on 7/26/16 8:05 am - Joliet, IL

I needed the surgery to get all the weight off.  I could always manage the first 50 or so pounds just fine and then it would slow down and become a struggle.  I need the surgery so I can get most of it off.  Sure I can lose 50lbs but I needed to lose 4 times that amount.  I needed some help.