A little update

rachelp
on 7/27/16 7:18 am
VSG on 08/01/16

So Yesterday I remembered that I had a voicemail on my phone that I kept forgetting to check. It was my surgeons office! They called Monday to let me know my insurance was approved and I'm still on for surgery Monday the 1st! I don't get a good cell signal in my office at work so I never showed a missed call. That was exactly 1 week from when they submitted everything to my insurance! BCBS has been a breeze through this whole process! Over all, it took me a month to do all the requirements.

Today I started my pre-op liquid diet. I've been so nervous about this but at least it's only 5 days!

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream that I had the surgery and forgot that I had it and started eating solid foods. When I realized what I did, I started freaking out because I didn't want the solid food to damage my stomach so I was trying to figure out if I should throw it up lol. Then last night I had another dream that I had surgery, forgot (again), and got in a hot tub with some other people. Then I remembered I had just had surgery and started freaking out thinking tha****er had leaked into my belly though the laparoscopic holes LOL. Ahhh so weird!!

A little nervous but super excited!!! I've wanted this for 10 years and now it's finally happening! 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

bigloser16
on 7/27/16 7:26 am
VSG on 07/28/16

Good luck to you, it's so exciting! My surgery is tomorrow and I'm a little nervous, excited but nervous. I look forward to your posts after surgery

rachelp
on 7/27/16 7:41 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Thanks and Good luck to you tomorrow! Keep us updated!

Theduffman27
on 7/27/16 7:33 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good luck to you, very exciting times, I am happy for you!

rachelp
on 7/27/16 7:43 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/16 8:31 am

Your best friend is organization right now. I found that being, and getting myself totally organized and ready for my new lifestyle, that those same exact feelings of doom that you're having now. In the next few days you might get an overwhelming feeling of wanting to back out of this surgery. That is totally normal.

Then, in post-op recovery, you might feel a sense of dread of "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF?" That, again is very normal. Then, at a month or so, you might hit a stall. Again, normal for most of us.

It is most important that you know going in that a "honeymoon" period, has a window. So, it's best to just get on with it. Get to goal asap, reboot your way of thinking about what food means to you. It's fuel! That is it. It's not your buddy, it's your energy. Zero emotion.

I hope you let us all know how it is proceeding. It's helps everyone to remember the basics of what we're all doing. You'll never be alone in this though.The proper execution of the lifestyle is the key.

rachelp
on 7/27/16 9:16 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Thank you so much for the tips! Getting/being organized makes total since and this weekend I will certainly take care of everything I need to.

Fortunately I am too stubborn to back out although nobody wants to feel that way. Hopefully I don't.

It's possible I may have buyers remorse but the feeling will pass and I know I can come here for support.

I'm ready for this honeymoon period! I didn't get one after I got married so I'm taking total advantage of it!

I truly believe I couldn't have done this without the help of this site and all the support that I'm receiving. It's like an internet family

pammieanne
on 7/27/16 10:02 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I never had any reservations going into this... and to be honest, I kept wondering what was wrong with me that I wasn't second guessing myself! LOL Then, no buyer's remorse... I mean, yes, there are times that I look at food and wish I could just pig out, but honestly, once I start eating I get so tired of chewing that I'm over it before I know it.

Just know your facts, and keep your confidence up! Enjoy your honeymoon phase, and hopefully you'll be on your way to a healthier you!

I'm still at the beginning of the journey, but just today I saw someone I hadn't seen in months, and she remarked on my weight loss. Sure did feel good!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs