Food Scale and Pureed Foods

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/16 8:19 am

I was wondering if anyone uses a scale to measure their food portions or not.  Wondering if this is worth getting.  Also wondering if anyone pureed their food in a blender in early postop.  

swim_bike_smile
on 7/28/16 8:24 am
RNY on 06/13/16

I got my food scale at TJMaxx for 15 bucks.  It was/is well worth the money I spent on it.  Especially since my pouch is still healing and I can't really tell how much is too much food.  It has helped me from eating more than my pouch can handle, and has saved me from having my food come back from whence it came so-to-speak.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/28/16 8:40 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I never had to puree anything.

I have always weighed my food on a scale at home. I even weighed my protein powder, rather than use the scoop. Volume measures are notoriously inaccurate.

When my food scale died on me after 3 years of everyday use, I panicked. I ran right out and got a new one. I also only spent about 15 bucks.

Weighing food keeps me honest. I have been within a couple of pounds of my goal weight for over three years now.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

cheapskate
on 7/28/16 8:49 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I have 3 food scales.  A big one in the kitchen, and 2 travel ones...one in my car and one in my desk. Very worth it. I had no concept of what a true serving was before I started measuring(hence the tight 4x pants)

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/28/16 11:25 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Yes - get the food scale - the best way to battle creeping calories. 

Thank God, that I never had to eat pureed foods - my dr has us going from full liquids to well-chewed soft foods in week 2. 

Sharon

Steph Meat Hag
on 7/28/16 1:05 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Yes get a scale!  For me it was so nice early on because I started with 1oz or this or that.  Then I'd try 2oz of this or that.  Now that I'm able to eat anything I'd like to, I really need the scale to make sure portions don't get away from me.  I put a plate on the scale and tell it to zero out.  I then flap out my lunch meat on it, my chicken breast fom dinner, or my whatever.  I also can keep close tabs on what foods are working better than others. 

Like if I eat 4oz of chicken but am hungry in an hour then I know I either need 5oz OR maybe chicken isn't it for me.  I know I can eat 4oz of a dense meat and 5oz of fish for example.  I know any more than that and I feel like I'm going to pop and it's not a fun feeling.  It helps me also know what size of something is about what weight, this way if I got out I can estimate pretty well how much 4oz of something is.

Get a scale and love your scale!!  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1374 views