Cold Water Hurts

Tdheason
on 7/29/16 3:09 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

I'm five weeks out from having my gastric bypass.  I have been drinking cold water fine but the last day or two when I drink really cold water my stomach hurts, why now when it didn't hurt to begin with?  Any ideas?

hollykim
on 7/29/16 3:27 pm, edited 7/29/16 8:27 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 29, 2016 at 10:09 PM Pacific Time, Tdheason wrote:

I'm five weeks out from having my gastric bypass.  I have been drinking cold water fine but the last day or two when I drink really cold water my stomach hurts, why now when it didn't hurt to begin with?  Any ideas?

only reason I kno,at 6 years out, one day it will tolerate something and the next day totally won't. It is because our pouches make up their own minds about things, regularly. 

z_m14
on 7/29/16 3:37 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

There's no rhyme or reason sometimes. I'm three weeks out and cannot handle drinking cold water in copious amounts. I think it's because my pouch is still healing, and the cold water is rough on the healing pouch.

kathkeb
on 7/29/16 11:02 pm

The pouch (in my case, the Band) is a fickle *****!

It is possible that you are regaining some feeling, and that is it.

For me, I could tolerate different temperatures different times of the day.  My band still does not like cold fluids early in the morning, but tolerates ice cold in the afternoon or evening.

keep trying different combinations to see what works best for you.

Kath

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1459 views